The purpose of this paper showed an appraisal study on movement control of The DC engine drive through PID ( relative, essential, subsidiary) controller and using Optimization Techniques and canny developments strategies. In a matter of seconds days, DC motor is widely used as a piece of business endeavors as a result of its broad assortment of speed control still if its bolster cost is higher than interchange engine . The speed control of DC motor is uncommonly captivating from investigation motivation behind discernment. Such an assortment of methodologies are arranged around there. The PID controller is all the time used as a piece of cutting edge controller expected for non-direct system. This controller is ability used as a part of a huge amount of divergent districts, for example, balance structure, aeronautics, process control, gathering, outlining, prepare and assembling, designing and train. The tuning of PID parameter is uncommonly mind boggling however there are Optimization Techniques and intelligent strategies which are used for tuning of PID controller to control the speed of the DC motor . Tuning of PID parameter is basic in light of the fact that these parameters plays a basic errand in quality and execution in variety of settling time, rise time, peak time, peak overshoot and transient response of the control system. As a last point is unobtrusive components dialog about each techniques freely analyzed into the point way.
Santosh Kumar Suman, Vinod Kumar Giri
DC motor PID controller, genetic algorithm (GA), Differential Evolution (DE), particle swarm optimization (PSO), artificial neural networks (ANN), fuzzy logic.
- Singari Pavan Kumar,Sande Krishna Veni, Y.B.Venugopal, and Y.S.Kishore Babu, A Neuro-Fuzzy based Speed Control of Separately Excited DC Motor, IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks, pp. 93-98, 2010.
- Chung.P and Leo.N, Transient Performance Based Design Optimization of PM Brushless DC motor Drive Speed Controller, Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Electrical System, Singapore, pp-881-886, June, 2005.
- C.T. Johnson and R.D. Lorenz,Experimental identification of friction and its compensation in precise, position controlled mechanism.IEEE Trans. Ind ,Applicat, vol.28, no.6, 1992.
- Zeyad Assi Obaid, Member, IAENG, Nasri Sulaiman, M. H. Marhaban And M. N. Hamidon, Member, IAENG, Analysis and Performance Evaluation of PD like Fuzzy Logic Controller Design Based on MATLAB and FPGA IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, 37:2, IJCS_37_2_04 May 2010.
- A. S. Othman, Proportional Integral and Derivative Control of Brushless DC Motor, European Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 35 No. 2, pp. 198-203, 2009
- A. D. Rodi ć (2009) Automation and Control Theory and Practice Published by InTech.
- Noraini Mohd Razali, and John Geraghty, A genetic algorithm performance with different selection strategies, Proceedings of the World Congress on Motorering Vol II, 2011.
- Santosh Kumar Suman and Vinod Kumar Giri, Genetic Algorithms: Basic Concepts and Real World Applications International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and Computer Systems (IJEECS), Vol. 3, Issue-12 2015.
- K. Sundareswaran and Merugu Vasu, Genetic Tuning of PI controller for Speed Control of DC Motor. Drive, 0-7803-58 12-0/00/$10.0002000IEEE.
- Vishal Mehra, Smriti Srivastava, and Pragya Varshney Fractional-Order PID Controller Design for Speed Control of DC Motor, 978-0-7695-4246-1/10 $26.00 © 2010 IEEE DOI 10.1109/ICETET.2010.123.
- Storn, R. and K. V. Price, Differential evolution: A simple and efficient adaptive scheme for global optimization over continuous spaces, ICSI, USA, Tech. Rep. TR-95-012 (1995)
- Storn, R. and K. Price, Minimizing the real functions of the ICEC'96 contest by differential evolution, Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Evolutionary Computation, 842-844 (1996)
- Price, K. and R. Storn: Genetic algorithms: Differential evolution, Dr. Dobb's Journal of Software Tools for Professional Programmer, 22, 4, 18, Apr (1997)
- Price, K. V. and R. M. Storn and J. A. Lampinen: Differential Evolution A Practical Approach to Global Optimization, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg (2005)
- F. S. Wang, W. M. Cheng, Simultaneous Optimization of Feeding Rate and Operation Parameters for Fed-Batch Fermentation Processes, Biotechnology Progress 15, 1999, pp. 949-952
- B. V. Babu, S. A. Munawar, Differential Evolution for the Optimal Design of Heat Exchangers, In Proceedings of All-India seminar on Chemical Motorering Progress on Resource Development: A Vision 2010 and Beyond, Bhuvaneshwar, 2000
- B. V. Babu, R. P.Singh, Synthesis & Optimization of Heat Integrated Distillation Systems Using Differential Evolution, In Proceedings of All- India seminar on Chemical Motorering Progress on Resource Development: A Vision 2010 and Beyond, Bhuvaneshwar, 2000
- R Angira, B. V. Babu, Optimization of Non-Linear Chemical Processes Using Modified Differential Evolution (MDE), In Proceedings of the 2nd Indian International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Pune, India,2005a, pp. 911-923.
- B. V. Babu, R. Angira, Optimization of Water Pumping System Using Differential Evolution Strategies, In Proceedings of The Second International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Robotics, and Autonomous Systems, Singapore, 2003.
- Vikrant Vishal, et. Al, Comparative Study of Some Optimization Techniques Applied to DC Motor Control, IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC),2014.
- Ashu Ahuja,Sanjeev Kumar Aggarwal, Design of fractional order PID controller for DC motor using evolutionary optimization techniques, Wseas Transactions on Systems And Control, Vol. 9, 2014.
- Yassin, I.M. et. Al,Particle Swarm Optimization for NARX structure selection –Application on DC motor model, 978-1-4244-7647-3/10/$26.00 ©2010 IEEE
- X.Hu, et al. Recent advances in particle swarm, in IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Portland, Oregon, USA, pp. 90-97.
- R. C. Eberhart and Y. Shi, Particle Swarm Optimization: Developments, Applications and Resources, Proceedings of the 2001 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, CEC 2001, vol.1, pp. 81-86.
- J. Kennedy, ―The Particle Swarm: Social Adaptation of Knowledge, Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation, ICEC1997, Indianapolis, pp. 303-308,1997.
- Anupam Aggrawal, et. Al,Speed Control of DC Motor Using Particle Swarm Optimization Technique by PSO Tunned PID and FOPID, International Journal of Motorering Trends and Technology,Vol.16 No. 2,Oct-2014.
- Subhojit Malik ,Palash Dutta, et. Al, Parameter Estimation of a PID Controller using Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Motorering Vol.3, Issue 3 ,March 2014.
- Remit G. K, Student, Y.C.C.E, Meshram P. M : Optimal Tuning of PI Controller for Speed Control of DC motor drive using Particle Swarm Optimization, 978-1-4673-2043 6/12/$31.00, 2012 IEEE.
- Poomyos P, Kitdakom K, Pitikhate S: Dual –line PID Controller based on PSO for Speed Control of DC motors, 978-1-4244-4522-6/$25.00, 2009 IEEE.
- Sanju Saini and Arvind Kumar, Speed Control of Separately Excited D.C Motor using Self Tuned ANFIS Techniques, IJCST Vol. 3,Issue 1, Jan. - March 2012.
- F-Herrera,M.Lozano and J.LVerdegay, Tuning Fuzzy Logic Controller Bye Genetic Algorithms,International Journal Of Approximate Reasoning,12.299-315@ 1995Elsevier Science.Inc.
- Zulfatman and M. F. Rahmat, Application of self-tuning Fuzzy PID controller on industrial hydraulic actuator using system identification approach, International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 246-261,2009.
- Zhi Liu, Hong Guo, Dayu Wang, Zhiyong Wu, JinquanXu Active- disturbance Rejection Control of Brushless DC motor Based on BP Neural Network, IEEE 2010.
- Farzan R, et al, A: Speed Regulation of DC motors Using Intelligent Controllers 0-7803-7729-X/03/$17.00 02003 IEEE.
- P. Dolezel, et al , Self Tuning Pid Control Using Genetic Algorithm And Artificial Neural Networks,ASR (2009), Instruments And Control,Pp.33-39.2009.
- Heng-Ming Tai, Junli Wang, and Kaveh Ashenayi, “Motor Speed Regulation Using Neural Networks,” 087942600-4/90/1100-1215$01.00 0 1990 IEEE .
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Santosh Kumar Suman, Vinod Kumar Giri, "Configuration of PID Controller for Speed Control of DC Motor utilizing Optimization Techniques and innovations strategies", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.488-495, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1621145.php