Analyzing different levels of citizens’ satisfaction using quantitative methods has a pivotal role in the process of urban planning. Measuring the level of satisfaction with life quality is complicated and at the same time under the influence of many factors. Therefore, for investigating more closely the issue, first, we reviewed the history of the life quality and the definitions of life quality provided by different scholars through a geographical perspective. The indices used to measure the life quality and the main approaches to life quality were also taken into consideration. The approach taken here is an American one. To predict the mental health of the citizens of Kaleybar, the citizens were asked to fill in the GHQ-28 (General Health Questionnaire) and then the WHOQOL-BREF (The World Health Organization Quality of Life) questionnaire to have an understanding of their mental health and life quality indices. The data collected were analyzed using Multiple Regression Analysis to determine the effect of life quality indices on the mental health of the citizens.
Hossein Hataminejad, Ahmed Yahaya Abdul, Ebrahim Farhadi, Fatema Hossaini
Life Quality, Index, Mental Health, Multiple Regression Analysis.
- F. Ahmadi, Promoting Rural to Urban Areas and Its Role in Improving the Quality of Life of Local Residents, a Case Study of Saqqez 2009, University of Tehran. : Tehran, Iran. p. 144.
- A. Eftekhari, A. Fatahi, and M. Hajipour, "Evaluation of the Spatial Distribution of Life Quality in Rural Areas: A Case Study of the Central District of Delfan County in Lorestan Province." Rural Research Quarterly, 2011. 6(1): p. 69-96.
- F. Fahkruddin, Quality of Urban Life. Rawat publication. 1991, Jaipur: Rawat publication.
- A. Brown, "Increasing the Utility of Urban Environmental Quality Information." Landscape and Urban Planning, 2003. 65(1): p. 85-93.
- M. Pacione, "Urban environmental quality and human wellbeing—a social geographical perspective." Journal of Landscape and Urban Planning, 2003. 65(2): p. 19-30.
- F. Guillemin, C. Bombardier, and D. Beaton, "Cross-cultural adaptation of health-related quality of life measures: literature review and proposed guidelines." Journal of clinical epidemiology, 1993. 46(12): p. 1417-1432.
- S. Majumdar, J. Johnson, D. Lier, A. Russell, D. Hanley, S. Blitz, I. Steiner, W. Maksymowych, D. Morrish, and B. Holroyd, "Persistence, reproducibility, and cost-effectiveness of an intervention to improve the quality of osteoporosis care after a fracture of the wrist: results of a controlled trial." Osteoporosis international, 2007. 18(3): p. 261-270.
- Y.A. Dodo, M. Zin Kandar, D. Remaz Ossen, J.D. Jibril, A. Haladu Bornoma, and A. Ibrahim Abubakar." Importance of a View Window in Rating Green Office Buildings." in Advanced Materials Research. 2013. Trans Tech Publ.
- Y.A. Dodo, R. Nafida, A. Zakari, A.S. Elnafaty, B.B. Nyakuma, and F.M. Bashir, "Attaining Points for Certification of Green Building through Choice of Paint." Chemical Engineering Transactions, 2015. 45: p. 1879-1884.
- J. Amini, J. Karami, A. Alimohamadi, and T. Safarrad, "Radius Model Evaluation in Estimating the Damages Caused by the Earthquake Using GIS, a Case Study of District 1 in Tehran." Journal of Regional and Urban Studies and Research, 2006. 11(1).
- A. Nourbala, A Review of the Mental Health Status in Iran. Moalef Publications. , in Dictionary of Current English, 1233., Oxford Advanced Learners., Editor. 2001.
- B. Liu, Quality of life indicators in U.S metropolitan areas: A statistical analysis, in National Conference on Life Quality and Health Improvement, 2009: Chabahar. 1976, New York, USA: Rutledge.
- G.R. Ghaffari and R. Omidi, "Life Quality in Iranian Development Programs." Journal of Social Science, 2008. 8(30): p. 9-33.
- J. Kordzanganeh and M. Mirzaie, Study of Health Related Quality of Life in Aged People Who Were 60 or More, (A Case Study in Ramhormoz City),, in A Thesis Presented for the Master of Science Degree. 2006, University of Tehran: Facility of Social Science.
- D. Epley and M. Menon, "A method of assembling cross sectional indicators in to a community quality of life. ." Social Ind Research, 2008. 88(1): p. 281-296.
- R. Diwan, "Relational Wealth and the Quality of Life." Journal of Socio-Economics, 2000. 29(4): p. 305-340.
- D. Phillips, Quality of life,concept, policy and practice. 2006, London, UK: Rutledge Publishers.
- WHOQOL Group "The World Health Organisation Quality of Life Assessment (WHOQOL): Position paper from the World Health Organisation." Soc Sci Med 1995. 41(10): p. 1403–1409.
- H. Shakuie, Philosophy of New Thought Hey Geography, . 1999, Biology Gita Press, Third Edition.Tehran. .
- A. Eftekhari and M. Tavakoli, "Rural Social Welfare: A Cognitive Approach in Explaining the Parameters." Modares Quarterly, 2003. 7(2): p. 61-83.
- S. Nejat, "Life Quality and Its Measurement." Iranian Journal of Epidemiology 2008. 4(2): p. 57-62.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Hossein Hataminejad, Ahmed Yahaya Abdul, Ebrahim Farhadi, Fatema Hossaini, "An Investigation of the Life Quality Indices for Improving the Mental Health of the Citizens of Kaleybar in Iran", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.571-581, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1621147.php