Determination of evapotranspiration in many studies, including the hydrologic balance, design and management of irrigation systems, simulation of product and management of water resources is very important. For this purpose, the data required includes daily temperature, humidity, wind speed, solar radiation pressure and in the period 1990-2013 from the meteorological stations in the area is the area that includes 35 stations were taken. And to estimate evapotranspiration at the regional stations of the area we use Excel and GIS capabilities and its regression equation was obtained. To generalize stations in the region of interpolation we use methods IDW (Inverse Distance Weighting) and the relationship between height and evapotranspiration with a correlation coefficient of linear regression was used 0.52. The study results showed that the IDW method in more accurate than Linear regression relationship between height and evapotranspiration because it has lower RMSE (0.26). The total average reference evapotranspiration in the study area for the above mentioned methods is 988.657 and 1036 respectively and It was also found that the northern, eastern and lake basin, evapotranspiration intensity is more than the North-West, West, South-West and South-East and East of study area.
Mokhtar Karami, Mehdi Asadi
Reference evapotranspiration, FAO - Penman-Monteith, zoning, linear regression
- Abtew, W. 1996. Evapotranspiration measure-ment and modeling for three wetland systems in South Florida. American Water Resources Association, 32:465–473.
- Alizadeh, A., Mirshahi, b., Hasheminia, d. And (h), Sana'i race. 2002. Evaluation accuracy of evapotranspiration calculated by Hargreaves-Samani and pan evaporation methods in synoptic stations Khorasan province, maker, numbers 42 and 43: 51-70.
- Alizadeh, Amin, Ali Kamali, Mohammad Javad Khanjai and M, Rahnavard. 2005. Evaluation methods used to estimate evapotranspiration in arid regions of Iran, Geographical Research Quarterly, 19 (2): 97-105.
- Allen, R.G., Pereira, L.S., Raes, D. and Smith, M. 1998. Crop Evapotranspiration: Guidelines for Computing Crop Water Requirements. FAO Irrigation and Drainage Paper, 56, Rome, Italy, 300 p.
- Allen, R.G., Smith, M., Perrier, A. and Pereira, L.S. 1994. An update for definition of reference evapotranspiration. ICID Bull., 43(2): 1-35.
- Droogers, P, and Allen, RG. 2002. Estimating reference evapotranspiration under inaccurate data conditions. Irrigation and Drainage Systems, 16:33–45.
- Entessari, M, R., Nurozi, M., Salamat, A., Ehasani, M., Tavakoli, A. 1997. Compare Penman-Monteith with other recommended methods to calculate potential evapotranspiration (ETo) in several different regions of Iran, Proceedings of the Eighth Conference National Committee on Irrigation and Drainage Paper No. 11, pages 221-237.
- Hamzeie Yazd, G, Kaveh, HR, F, Ghareman, B, sedghi. H. 2008. Time-series change of the monthly reference evapotranspiration using the Penman-Monteith proposed method, Agricultural Science, 13 (2): 417-433.
- Gundekar, H. G., Khodke, U. M, & Sarkar, S. 2006. Evaluation of pan coefficient for reference crop evapotranspiration for semi-arid region, Irrigation Science 26:169–175 .
- Hargreaves GH, and Samani, ZA. 1985. Reference crop evapotranspiration from temperature, Applied Engineering in Agriculture, 1(2):96–99.
- Jensen, M. E., Burman, R. D. and Allan R. G. 1990. Evapotranspiration and Irrigation water requirement,” ASCE Manual and Report on Engineering Practice No.70. ASCE, New York.
- Lopez-Urrea, R., Martín de Santa Olalla, F., Fabeiro, C. & Moratalla A. 2006. Testing evapotranspiration equations using lysimeter observations in a semi-arid climate, Agric Water Management 85:15–26.
- Rahimzadegan, 1992. find the appropriate method to estimate evapotranspiration in Isfahan, Iranian Journal of Agricultural Science, 23 (1 and 2): 1-9.
- Salih, A. M. A. And Sendil. U. 1984. Evapotranspiration under extremely arid climates, J. Irrig. And Drain. Eng., ASCE, 110(3): 289-303.
- Samadi, H & Majdzadeh. B. 2004. Compare reference evapotranspiration calculated by empirical formulas with Laysmtr in Kerman, A seminar eighth Abijah and reduce evaporation, pages 19-22.
- Samani, Z. 2000. Estimating Solar Radiation and Evapotranspiration Using Minimum Climatological Data, Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 126 (4):265–67.
- Sethi L N, Kumar D.N, Panda S.N and Mal B. C. 2002. Optimal crop planning and conjunctive use of water resources in a coastal river basin, Water resources management, 16:145–169.
- Sharghi, T, Bari Abarghuei, H, Asadi, M. A and Kousari, M. R. 2011. Estimation of reference evapotranspiration by FAO-Penman-Monteith method and its zonation in Yazd province, Arid Biom Scientific and Research Journal, Vol. 1. (1), 25-32.
- Sharifian, Hussein, Bijan champion Amin Alizadeh and Mirlatifi, M. 2006. Assess radiation and Humidity methods for estimating reference evapotranspiration and effects of dry air on it in Golestan province, soil and water Journal, 19 (2): 280-290.
- Shih, S.F. 1984. Data requirement for evapotrans-piration estimation.” J. Irrig. And Drain. Eng., ASCE, 110(3): 263-274.
- Silva DY, Meza F, Varas E 2010. Estimating reference evapotranspiration (ETo) using numerical weather forecast data in central Chile. Journal of Hydrology, 382:64–71.
- Snyder, R. L, Orang, M., Matyac S., & Grismer ME. 2005. Simplified estimation of reference evapot-ranspiration from pan evaporation data in California. J Irrigation Drain Engineering 131(3):249 – 253.
- Tabari, H. 2010. Evaluation of Reference Crop Evapotranspiration Equations in Various Climates. Water resources management, 24:2311–2337.
- Weiß M, Menzel, L. 2008). A global comparison of four potential evapotranspiration equations and their relevance to stream flow modeling in semi-arid environments. Advanced Geosciences, 18:15–23.
- Xu CY, Singh, V.P. 1998. Dependence of evaporation on meteorological variables at different time-scales and inter comparison of estimation methods. Hydrological Processes, 12:429–442.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Mokhtar Karami, Mehdi Asadi, "Estimates and Zoning of reference evapotranspiration by FAO-Penman-Monteith (Case Study: North West of Iran)", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.210-216, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162119.php