Adsorptive desulphurization method used for removal of sulphur from diesel and other liquid fuels.The presence of sulphur compounds in liquid fuels is always objectionable in the world due to their harmful effects on combustion.The various sulphur compounds generally found in diesel oil are mercaptants, sulfides and aromatic ring structured compounds thiophenes. In this paper we studies the use of various adsorbents which lower the overall percentage of sulphur level from diesel. Desulphurization separates sulphur from fuel, yielding elemental sulphur fuel contains sulphur in a more concentrated solid or liquid form. Sulphur in liquid fuels is present in thiols ,mercaptants, sulfides, disulfides ,thiophenes and derivatives. The desulphurization process is essentially adsorptive process.In present work; report on the application of different adsorbents for desulphurization of various petroleum fractions.
Pratibha Gawande, Dr. Jayant Kaware
Desulphurization, Adsorption Adsorbents, Liquid Fuels, Sulphur
- Isam A. H. Al Zubaidy, Fatma Bin Tarsh, Noora Naif Darwish, Balsam Sweidan Sana Abdul Majeed, Aysha Al Sharafi, and Lamis Abu Chacra, “Adsorption Process of Sulfur Removal from Diesel Oil Using Sorbent Materials” Journal of Clean Energy Technologies, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp66-68, January 2013.
- Gaurav. B. Daware, Akshay B. Kulkarni,Arti.A.Rajput, “Desulphurization of diesel by using low cost adsorbent” International Journal of Innovative and Emerging Research in Engineering Volume 2, Issue 6, pp 69-73,2015 .
- A. Khodadadi , M. Torabi angajia, A. Talebizadeh fsanjani ,A. Yonesib,“ Adsorptive desulfurization of diesel fuel with nano copper oxide(CuO) ” Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Nanostructures ,PP 1197-1199, 12-14 March, 2012.
- A. A. Adeyi, L. T. Popoola, A. S. Yusuff , Olateju, A. S. Grema,“ Kinetics Analysis and Dosage Effects of Manganese Dioxide Adsorbent on Desulphurization of Crude Oil ”Journal of Bioprocessing and ChemicalEngineering Issue 1 , Volume 2 pp 1-6,2014.
- M. S. Patil, Y. C. Bhattacharyulu, S. R. Kulkarni, “Desulphurization of hydrocarbon liquid fuels by adsorption” Journal of Engineering Research and Studies,Vol.II ,Issue I pp-81-98.January-March 2011.
- M. Shakirullah and W. ahmad, M.Ishaq, M.I.Khan “Desulphurization of liquid fuels by selective adsorption through mineral clays as adsorbents”J.Chill chem. Soc.vol.57, pp1375-1380.
- Yoshie Shimizu, Seiji Kumagai, Koichi Takeda, “Adsorptive removal of sulphur compounds in kerosene by using rice husk activated carbon”.
- Neran K. Ibrahim, Najat J. Saleh & Zainab S. Fadhel “Desulfurization of Light Diesel Fuel Using Chloramine T and Polymer Supported Imidation Agent” .
- Muhammad Ishaq, Siraj Sultan , Imtiaz Ahmad, Hameed Ullah, Muhammad Yaseen, Alia Amir,“Adsorptive desulfurization of model oil using untreated, acid activated and magnetite nanoparticle loaded bentonite as adsorbent”,Journal of Saudi Chemical Society, pp.1-9,2015.
- Waqas Ahmad, Imtiaz Ahmad,Muhammad Ishaq, Khudija Ihsan ,“ Adsorptive desulfurization of kerosene and diesel oil by Zn impregnated montmorollonite clay”, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 2013.
- P. Baeza, G. Aguila, F. Gracia, P.Araya,“Desulfurization by adsorption with copper supported on zirconia”
- Mansoor Anbi, Sajedeh Karami, “Desulfurization of gasoline using novel mesoporous carbon Adsorbents” Nanostruct Chem , pp131–137,2015.
- Dezhi Yi, Huan Huang, and Li Shi “Desulfurization of Model Oil via Adsorption by Copper (II) Modified Bentonite”,Bull. Korean Chem. Soc., Vol. 34, pp 776-782,2013.
- Marko Muzica, Katica Sertic-Biondaa, Tamara Adzamica, Zoran Gomzia, Stefica Podolskib“ Optimization of diesel fuel desulfurization by adsorption on activated carbon”.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Pratibha Gawande, Dr. Jayant Kaware, "Review on Low Cost Adsorbents for Desulphurization of Liquid Fuels", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.108-112, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162126.php