The Present paper outlines an experimental study to optimize the effect of the cutting speed, feed rate and Dept of cut on surface roughness of Aluminum Alloy 1200 & Steel EN 31 by employing Taguchi technique. This paper deals with optimization of the selected Milling Parameter, i.e. cutting speed, Feed rate, Depth of cut and Coolant Flow Rate.Taguchi Orthogonal Array is designed with Three Level of milling parameter & different experiments are done using L9 (34) Orthogonal Array, Containing 4 columns which represent four factors & Nine rows which represents nine experiments to be calculated and value of each parameter was obtained. The nine experiments are performed and surface roughness, MRR, Temperature & Cycle Time of cut is Calculated for both material. The practical result can be used in industry to get the desirable Surface Roughness and Material Removal Rate for the work piece by using suitable parameter combination.
Kathamore P. S., Dr .R. R. Arakerimath
Aluminium Alloy 1200 & EN-31, Cycle time cut, cnc end milling, Coolant Flow rate, DOC, Feed rate, SR, MRR, Taguchi Technique, Temperature, Speed of Cutting.
- Rajesh Kumar, M. K. Pradhan and Rishi kumar, “Modeling and optimization of end milling parameters on aluminum 6061 alloy using GRA based Taguchi method coupled with PCA", 5th International & 26th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference (AIMTDR 2014) December 12th – 14th December 2014, IIT Guwahati, Assam, India, pp. 90-1 to 90-6.
- Sanjeev Kumar Pal and Rahul Davis, “A Design of Experiment Approach to Compare the Machining Performance of CNC End Milling”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Volume 2, Issue 7, July 2014, pp. 34-44.
- D.Bhanuprakash , G.RamaBalaji , A.Gopichand, V.AjaykumarandD.V.N.Prabhaker, “Optimization Of Machining Parameters For Aluminum Alloy 6082 In CNC End Milling”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 3, Issue 1, January -February 2013, pp.505-510.
- SurasitRawangwong, JaknarinChatthong, R. Burapa and W. Boonchouytan, “An investigation of optimum cuttingconditions in face milling aluminum7075-t6 using design of experiment”, 4th International Conference on Applied Operational Research, Proceedings, Lecture Notes in Management Science, Vol. 4, 2012. pp. 125– 135
- John D. Kechagias, Christos K. Ziogas, Menelaos K. Pappas and Ioannis E. Ntziatzias, “Parameter Optimization during Finish End Milling of Al Alloy 5083 using Robust Design”, Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering Vol I, July 6 - 8, 2011.
- Dr. K.G.Durga Prasad, M.V.Prasad, A.ChakradharaRao and P.V.S.C.Manjusha, “DEAbased Taguchi method for Optimization of CNC End milling Process parameters”, International Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Development, Issue 3, Vol.4 , June-July 2013, pp. 202-211.
- Milon D. Selvam, Dr.A.K.ShaikDawood and Dr. G. Karuppusami, “Optimization Of Machining Parameters For Face Milling Operation in a Vertical CNC Milling Machine using Genetic Algorithm”, Engineering Science and Technology: An International Journal, Vol.2, No. 4, August 2012, pp. 544-548.
- T. K. Barman and P. Sahoo, “Fractal Dimension Modeling in CNC Milling Using Taguchi Method”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Mechanical Engineering 2009 (ICME2009) 26- 28th December 2009, Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp. RT 29 1-6
- Ranganath M. S., Vipin, R. S. Mishra, Prateek, Nikhil, “Optimization of Surface Roughness in CNC Turning of Aluminium 6061 Using Taguchi Techniques”,International of Modern Engineering Research,Vol.5,Iss.5,May 2015 | 42 |
- K. Siva Kumar, BathinaSreenivasulu, “Optimization and Process Parameters of CNC End Milling For Aluminum Alloy 6082”, novateur publications international journal of innovations in engineering research and technology, issn: 2394-3696 volume 2, issue 1 jan-2015.
- A.Venkata Vishnu, K. B. G. Tilak, G.Guruvaiah Naidu, Dr.G.Janardhana Raju, “Optimization of Different Process Parameters of Aluminium Alloy 6351 in CNC Milling Using Taguchi Method”, International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science Volume 3, Issue 2, Part 2, March-April, 2015 ISSN 2091-2730.
- RizwanAnwar,MirzaJahanzaib,GhulamAsghar, Ahmad Wasim Salman Hussain, “Optimization of Surface Roughness for Al-Alloy 7075-T in Milling Process”, Technical Journal, University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Taxila, Pakistan, Vol. 20(SI) No.II(S)-2015.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Kathamore P. S., Dr .R. R. Arakerimath, "A Review on Parametric Optimization of Aluminum alloy-1200 & EN-31 in CNC Surface Milling using Taguchi Method", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.293-295, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162134.php