A query processor (query compilation and execution) is an essential component in any database management system (DBMS). Specifically, query compilation transforms user queries into a sequence of database operations, while query execution executes those given operations. Retrieve Information from the OLAP Storage is very important task, but because of large amount of OLAP data itís taking tremendous time for the execution of the query. In this paper, we shall cover algorithm for the SELECTION operator (OLAP Algebraic Operator), which is used to access the data of the OLAP storage.
Kothari Badal K., Harish Nagar, Dr. Ashok R. Patel
OLAP Algebra, OLAP Query Optimizer, OLAP Query, OLAP selection Operator
- Oracle essbase. http://www.oracle.com/us/solutions /ent-performancebi/business intelligence/ essbase/ index.html.
- T. Eavis and R. Sayeed. High performance analytics with the r3-cache. Data Warehousing and Knowledge Discovery (DaWak), 2009.
- D. Kossmann J.-P. Dittrich and A. Kreutz. Bridging the gap between olap and sql. In International conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), pages 1031–1042, 2005.
- Thomas P. Nadeau and Toby J. Teorey. Olap query optimization in the presence of materialized views. HICCS, 2003.
- O. Romero and A. Abello. On the need of a reference algebra for olap. In International conference on Data warehousing and Knowledge Discovery (DaWak),pages 99–110, 2007.
- T. Sellis, N. Roussopoulos, and C. Faloutsos. The r+-tree - a dynamic index for multidimensional objects. VLDB, pages 507–518, 1987.
- Sas olap server. http://www.sas.com/technologies/dw/storage/mddb/index.html.
- Olap4j. http://www.olap4j.org
- Olapdml. http://oracle.com
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Kothari Badal K., Harish Nagar, Dr. Ashok R. Patel, "OLAP Query Optimizer: SELECTION Operation", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.134-139, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162141.php