Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) was introducing to overcome several limitations of the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP). SCTP has been investigated for its real-time data streaming capabilities. Extensions and modifications to SCTP have been proposed, which take advantage of the reliability features. This paper proposes a partial-reliable modification to SCTP, which reduce the overhead when compared to other partial-reliable extensions (i.e. PR-SCTP). Description of the extension and simulations are discussed. Also a comparison is made between our proposed extension, PR-SCTP, and UDP.
Ashish Parejiya, Dr. V. K. Chaubey, Dr. Vinod Desai
SCTP, Partial Reliability, Real-Time Streaming
- Stewart and Q. Xie et. al., “Stream Control Transmission Protocol.” IETF RFC 2960. October 2000.
- S. Fu and M. Atiquzzaman. “SCTP: state of the art in research, products, and technical challenges.” Computer Communications. pp. 85-91. October 2003.
- R. Stewart, M. Ramalho, Q. Xie, and P. Conral, “SCTP Partial Reliability Extension.” draft-stewart-tsvwg-prsctp-01.txt. July 2002.
- H. Wang, Y. Jin, W. Wang, J. Ma, and D. Zhang, “The performance of PRSCTP, TCP, and UDP for MPEG-4 multimedia traffic in mobile network.” International Conference on Communication Technology. pp. 414-419. April 2003.
- K. Fall and K. Varadnam, “The ns Manual.” December 2003. [Online] Available: http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-documentation
- Ashish Parejiya, Dr. Vinod Desai, "Congestion Control for Streaming Data Broadcasting over Internet", IJMTER Vol.1 Issue. 5, pg. 352 to 362, Novmber 2014, E-ISSN. 2349-9745, http://www.ijmter.com
- Ashish Parejiya, Dr. Vinod Desai, "A Comparative Study and Survey on Broadcasting Multimedia Streaming Data Congestion Control Mechanisms", IJCSMC, Vol. 3, Issue. 12, December 2014, pg.567 – 573, E-ISSN. 2320–088X, http://www.ijcsmc.com
- Ashish Parejiya, Dr. Vinod Desai, "Multicasting Of Adaptively-Encoded MPEG4 Over Qos-Cognizant IP Networks",IJMTER Vol.2 Issue. 1, pg. 563 to 570, January 2015, E-ISSN. 2349-9745, http://www.ijmter.com/
- Ashish Parejiya, Dr. Vinod Desai "Transforming Network Coding with TCP for Broadcasting Streaming Data in Multi-Hop Wireless LAN", IJESRT, Vol. 4, Issue. 2, February 2015, E-ISSN. 2277-9655, http://www.ijesrt.com
- Ashish Parejiya, Dr. Vinod Desai, "MULTI-PATH MECHANISM FOR BROADCASTING AUDIO / VIDEO STREAMING BASED ON BANDWIDTH ESTIMATION", IJESRT, Vol. 4, Issue. 5, May 2015, E-ISSN. 2277-9655, http://www.ijesrt.com
- Ashish Parejiya, Dr. Vinod L Desai, & Dr. V. K. Chaubey. (2016). STREAMING APPLICATION QOS: CONTROLLING CONGESTION VIDEO STREAMING MEDIA DATA QUALITY THROUGH SENDING THE FINEST DATA PACKAGE SUBSEQUENT. International Journal of Advance Research and Innovative Ideas in Education, Volume 2 Issue 1 2016 Page 174-183 E-ISSN. 2395-4395,http://www.ijariie.com
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Ashish Parejiya, Dr. V. K. Chaubey, Dr. Vinod Desai, "SCTP Reform for Receiver Organized Fractional Dependability ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.148-152, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162144.php