Determine the concentration of 1-naphthol and 2-naphthol in green vegetables (Spinach, Cabbage and mustard greens). Collection of samples from agricultural land which is effected by industrial pollution and were determined by spectrophotometric method. One sample of each type of Spinach, Cabbage and mustard greens were considered. The results show high concentration of 1-naphthol and 2-naphthol in all samples of Spinach, Cabbage and mustard greens compared with normal value in human body. This increasing of concentration may lead to much harmful effect to human health.
Deepak Kumar Yadav, Ajit Joshi, Jeena Harjit
Phenolic, Spectrophotometric, N-phenyl
- Mohapatra D.P., Brar S.K., Tyagi R.D.and Surampalli R.Y. 2002. Physico-chemical pre-treatment and biotransformation of waste water and wastewater Sludge – Fate of bisphenol A. Chemosphere, No. 78, 2010; p.923-941
- Niedan V.,Pavasars J. ObergG.2000. Chloroperoxidasemediated chlorination of aromatic groups in fulvic acid. Chemosphere, No. 41, 2000; p.779-785
- Fries E., Puttman W.; Occurence and behaviour of 4-nonylphenol in river water of Germany. Journal of Environemtal Monitoring, No.5, 2003; p.598-603
- Berryman D., Houde F., DeBlois C., Oshea M. 2004. Nonylphenolic compounds in drinking and surface waters downstream of treated textile and pulp paper effluents: a survey and preliminary assessment of their potential effects on public health and aquatic life. Chemosphere, No.56, 2004; p.247-255
- Bruce R., Santodonato J., Neal M. 1987. Summary review of the health effects associated with phenol. Toxicology and Industrial Health, No.3, 1987; p.535-568
- Kennedy L. John, Judith Vijaya J., Kayalvizhi K., Sekaran G.; 2007. Adsorption of phenol from aqueous solutions using mesoporous carbon prepared by two-stage process. Chemical Engineering Journal, No.132, 2007; p.279-287
- Michałowicz J., Duda W. 2007. Phenols – Sources and Toxicity. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, Vol.16, No.3, 2007; p. 347-362
- Cherifi H., Hanini S., Bentahar F. 2009. Adsorption of phenol from wastewater using vegetal cords as a new adsorbent. Desalination, No.244, 2009; p.177-187
- Moreno-Castilla C. 2004. Adsorption of organic molecules from aqueous solutions on carbon materials. Carbon, No.42, 2004; p.83-94
- Stewart, N. E., Millerman, R. E. and Breese, W. P. 1967. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc., 96, 25.
- Butler, J. Α., Milleman, R. E. and Stewart, N. E. 1968. J. Fish. Res. Bd. Can., 25, 1621.
- Tilak, K. S., Rao, D. M. R., Priyamvada Devi, A. and Murty, A. S. 1980. Indian J. Exp. Biol., 18, 75.
- Crosby DG, Leitis E, Winterlin WL. Photo decomposition of carbamate insecticides 1965. J Agric Food Chem, 13:204-207.
- Mastrangela G, Fadda E, Marzia V. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and cancer in man. Environ Health Perspect 1997, 104:1166–1170.
- Joshi AA, Locke BRP, Finney WC. Formation of hydroxyl radicals, hydrogen peroxide and aqueous electrons by pulsed streamer corona discharge in aqueous solution. J Hazard Mater 1995. 41:3–30.
- Cerniglia CE, Sutherland JB. Bioremediation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons by ligninolytic and non-ligninolytic fungi. In: Gadd, G. M. (ed.) British Mycological Society Symposium Series, Fungi in Bioremedation. Cambridge 2001. 136.
- Muncnerova D, Augustin J. Fungal metabolism and detoxification of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons: a review. Bioresour Technol 1994; 48:97–106.
- L.M.Klevay, B.R.Bistrain, C.R.Fleming, & C.G.Newmann, Am .J . Clin.Nutr. 1987, 46, 233.
- Priyadarshini , U ; Tandon, S.G. 1967. J. Chem. Engg. Data Vol. 12 , 143
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Deepak Kumar Yadav, Ajit Joshi, Jeena Harjit, "Determination of Phenolic Compounds in Vegetables by Spectrophotometric Method", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.153-155, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162145.php