Success in a certain market segment does not only require knowledge about the competitors and their products' performance, but also about the impressions the products make on the customer. With the aim of explaining, the emotional process and to design products so that they can cause certain emotions in customers, a field of research called Emotional Design has been created. The emotional design studies the complex emotional relationships which connect objects to individuals; these feelings can be of unconscious kind, since we often have difficulties rationalizing our feelings.
To understand the emotional design various methods were developed over the years. One of the techniques is Kansei Engineering. In this paper we have explain concept kansei Engineering and how its methodology can be apply to links consumers emotions to laptop.
Vivek Sharma, Neelam Rup Prakash, Parveen Kalra
Kansei Engineering, Emotional Design, Affective Computing
- Nagamachi, M., 2008, Perspectives and new trend of Kansei/Affective Engineering, TQM Journal
- ISHIHARA, S. 2001, Kansei Engineering Procedure and Statistical Analysis, Workshop at International Conference on Affective Human Factors Design
- Hsu, S. H., Chuang, M. C., & Chang, C. C. (2000). A semantic differential study of designers’ and users’ product form perception. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 25(4), 375-381.
- Bergman, B. and Klefsjö, B. (1994). Quality. Student literature, Lund
- Osgood, C. E. and Suci, G. J. (1969). Factor Analysis of Meaning. Semantic Differential Technique - a Source Book, Osgood, C. E. and Snider, J. G. (ed.), Aldine Publishing Company, Chicago, pp. 42-55.
- Hertenstein, J. H., Platt, M. B., &Veryzer, R. W. (2005). The impact of design effectiveness on corporate financial performance. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 22(1), 3-21.
- Cross, N. (2000). Engineering design methods: Strategies for product design (3rd ed.). Chichester, UK: Wiley.Lee, S., Harada, A. and Stappers, P., 2000, Pleasure with Products: Design based on Kansei, Delf University, Netherland.
- Lewalski, Z. M. (1988). Product aesthetics: An interpretation for designers. Carson, NV: Design &Development Engineering Press.
- Bloch, P. H. (1995). Seeking the ideal form– Product design and consumer response. Journal of Marketing, 59(3), 16-29.
- Schutte, S., 2002, Designing Feelings into Products, M.S. Thesis, Linkoping University, Sweden
- Schutte, S., 2005, Engineering Emotional Values in Product Design, PhD, Thesis, Linkoping University, Sweden.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Vivek Sharma, Neelam Rup Prakash, Parveen Kalra, "User Sensory Oriented Product Form Design Using KANSEI Engineering and Its Methodology for Laptop Design", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.161-164, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162147.php