Water-Decision Support System (DSS) tools encourage the participation towards improved water supply in a given region. The complexity in the manual design of conventional water treatment plants can be eliminated using softwares. Current paper work pivots on the improvement for the design of treatment plant in Musiri town, Trichy district of India through the Water DSS. Population in the year of 2045 is forecasted using the census by Incremental Increase Method. The manual reckoning for water demand and dimensions of processing units was carried out. Coding is written in C-language for easy design. Development of Decision Support tool for the design and selection process of drinking water treatment plant is carried out using C-Programming technique. The results obtained by the manual calculation and C-Programming were compared. The process by designed tool is intelligible and gives an accurate, effortless output which is versatile for any region demanding similar conventional treatment plant.
K. Vidya, M. Ramachandran
C-language, Decision Support System, Water Quantity, Water Treatment Plant
- Ngyyen Kim Loi, “Decision Support System (DSS) for Sustainable Watershed Management in Dong Nai Watershed, Vietnam: Conceptual Framework and Proposed Research Techniques”.
- Mahaganesha, P.V., Thippeswamy, M.R., Anand, R. and Sharath, B.P. (2014) Design of Conventional Water Treat. ment PLANT for Karkala Town Using C-Programming. B.E Project Report, Department of Civil Engineering, NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte.
- Gorry, G.A. and Scott Morton, M.S. (1971) A Framework for Management Information Systems. Sloan Management Review, 13, 55-70.
- K P Tripathi, “Decision Support System is a Tool for Making Better Decisions in the Organization”,Indian Journal of Computer Science and Engineering (IJCSE).
- D. J. Power, “A Brief History of Decision Support Systems”.
- Kerry J. Howe, David W. Hand, John C. Crittenden, R. Rhodes Trussell George Tchobanolous, “Principles of Water Treatment”.
- S.K.Garg, “Water Supply Engineering, 19th Revised Edition,Khanna Publishers”.
- Samson O. Ojoawo and Joseph A. Ogunrombi, “A pre-upgrading performance evaluation of Ogbomoso waterworks, Nigeria”,International Journal of Innovative Research in Engineering & Science.
- YashavantKanetkar, “Let us C”, 13th Edition, BPB Publications”
- City Corporate cum Business Plan for Musiri Town Panchayat ,Tiruchirappalli District, Tamil Nadu.
- Indian Standard Code of Basic Requirementsfor Water Supply, Drainageand Sanitation ( Fourth Revision ) – (IS1172:1993)
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
K. Vidya, M. Ramachandran, "Design of Water Treatment Plant for Musiri Town (Tiruchirapalli) ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.201-206, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162150.php