Intrusion Detection System (IDS) which is increasing the key element of system security is used to identify the malicious activities in a computer system There are different approaches being employed in intrusion detection systems. The prediction process may produce false alarms in many anomaly based intrusion detection systems. With the concept of fuzzy logic, the false alarm rate in establishing intrusive activities can be reduced. A set of efficient fuzzy rules can be used to define the normal and abnormal behaviors in a computer network. research papers regarding the foundations of intrusion detection systems, the methodologies and good fuzzy classifiers using genetic algorithm which are the focus of current development efforts and the solution of the problem of Intrusion Detection System to offer a real-world view of intrusion detection. Ultimately, a discussion of the upcoming technologies and various methodologies which promise to improve the concept of IDS
Anshul Atre, Rajesh Singh
Intrusion Detection System (IDS), definition and classification and challenges, Genetic algorithm, Fuzzy logic
- Khattab M. Alheeti, ”Intrusion Detection System and Artificial Intelligent”.
- W. Lu & I. Traore, (2004) “Detecting New Forms of Network Intrusion Using Genetic Programming”, Computational Intelligence, vol. 20, pp. 3, Blackwell Publishing, Malden, pp. 475-494
- J.T. Yao S.L. Zhao L. V. Saxton, “A study on fuzzy intrusion detection”
- Watching the Watchers: Intrusion Detection by Greg Shipley http://www.networkcomputing.com/1122/1122f3.html
- IJCSMC, Vol. 3, Issue. 2, February 2014, pg.700 – 703”Areview of intrusion detection system on computer network
- Vikas Markam, Lect. Shirish Mohan Dubey, “General Study of Associations rule mining in Intrusion Detection System”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Volume 2, Issue 1, January 2012.
- Yogendra Kumar Jain and Upendra, “An Efficient Intrusion Detection based on Decision Tree Classifier Using Feature Reduction”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publication, Vol. 2 No. 1, pp:1-6, 2012.
- Parekh S.P., Madan B.S. And Tugnayat R.M, “Approach For Intrusion Detection System Using Data Mining”, Journal of Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp: 83-87, 2012.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Anshul Atre, Rajesh Singh, "A Concept on Intrusion Detection System Genetic Algorithm, Fuzzy Logic and Challenges", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.287-289, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162163.php