Power quality has become an important Role in power systems. The main causes of a poor power quality are harmonic currents, poor power factor, supply-voltage variations, etc. To mitigate power quality problems, we have various equipments like active filter, passive filter, unified power flow controller and unified power quality conditioner etc. from them unified power quality conditioner was widely studied by many researchers as an eventual method to Improve power quality of electrical distribution System. To obtain the proper operation from UPQC, we need to control power filters of UPQC. To control them, there are different topology has been introduce. In this paper, several techniques a r e discussed and compared in terms of performance and implementation.
Ashik Admani, Dilip Moyal, Ankit Rupareliya
Power quality, series and shunt active filter, unified power quality conditioner, control strategies, voltage control and current control.
- K.Srikanth, S.Shaik, M.Ahmed, Y.Rao, “Enhancement Of Power Quality Based On Unified Power Quality Conditioner (UPQC)”, International Journal Of Engineering Science And Innovative Technology, Volume 2, Issue 5, September 2013.
- G.M.Lee, D.C. lee and J.Seok, “Control Of Series Active Power Filters Compensating For Source Voltage Unbalance And Current Harmonics”, IEEE Transactions On Industrial Electronics, Vol. 51, No. 1, February 2004.
- G.G.Zhou, Jun, “Integrated Guidance-Control System Design Based On H8 Control”, International Conference On Electrical And Control Engg., 2010.
- H.fujita, H.Akagi, “The Unified Power Quality Conditioner: The Integration Of Series And Shunt Active Filters”, IEEE Transactions On Power Electronics, Vol. 13, No. 2, March 1998.
- L.R.Rezaeipour, A.Kazemi, “Review Of Novel Control Strategies For UPQC”, International Journal Of Electric And Power Engineering , 2008.
- M.P.Selvan, S.Srinath,K.Vinothkumar, “Comparative Evaluation Of Performance Of Different Control Strategies On UPQC Connected Distribution System”, 5th International Conference On Industrial And Information Systems, August 2010.
- M.Forghani, S.Afsharnia, “Wavelet Based Control Strategy For UPQC Control System Used For Mitigating Voltage Sag”, 2006 IEE
- P.V. Naidu, B.Basavaraja, “Design Of A SRF Based Mc UPQC Used For Load Voltage Control In Parallel Distribution Systems”, 2012 IEEE.
- S.K.Khadem, M basu, M F Conlon, “Integration Of UPQC For Power Quality Improvement In Distributed Generation Network – A Review”, IEEE.
- T.Zhili, Z.Dongjiao, “Study Of Detection Method Of The Waveform Compensation Component Of UPQC With Improved P-Q-R Theory”, 2011 IEEE
- V.Khadkikar, “Enhancing Electric Power Quality Using UPQC: A Comprehensive Overview”, IEEE Transactions On Power Electronics, Vol. 27, No. 5, May 2012.
- Y.Pal, A.Swar, B.Singh, “Comparison Of Three Control Algorithms For Single-Phase UPQC”, 2011 IEEE.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Ashik Admani, Dilip Moyal, Ankit Rupareliya, "A Review of Various Control Strategies for Unified Power Quality Conditioner", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.296-299, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162172.php