Low-power design is one of the most important
challenges to maximize battery life in portable devices and to
save the energy during system operation. Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) is widely used in image and video compression standards. In this paper, we review on a low-power DCT (Discrete Cosine Transform) architecture using varies techniques. Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) is one of the most popular lossy techniques used today in video compression schemes. Several algorithms have been proposed to implement the DCT. Loeffler (1989) has given a new class of 1D-DCT using just 11 multiplications and 29 additions. To implement such an algorithm, one or more multipliers have to be integrated. This requires a high silicon occupation area. Arithmetic distribution is widely used for such algorithms. The coding for reconfigurable 8 point DCT has been done using VHDL under Xilinx platform.
Neelam Sharma, Vipul Agrawal
Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT), Inverse discrete Cosine Transform (IDCT), VHDL
- Mamatha I, Nikhita Raj J, Shikha Tripathi, Sudarshan TSB, "Systolic Architecture Implementation of 1D DFT and 1D DCT", 978-1-4799-1823-2/15/$31.00 ©2015 IEEE.
- J. E. Volder, "The CORDIC trigonometric computing technique," IRE Trans. Electron. Comput. Vol. EC-8, no.3, pp.335-339, Sept. 1959.
- Liyi Xiao Member, IEEE and Hai Huang, "Novel CORDIC Based Unified Architecture for DCT and IDCT", 2012 International Conference on Optoelectronics and Microelectronics (ICOM) 978-1-4673-2639-1/12/$31.00 ©2012 IEEE.
- Shymna Nizar N.S,Abhila and R Krishna, "An Efficient Folded Pipelined Architecture For Fast Fourier Transform Using Cordie Algorithm", 2014 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (lCACCCT) IEEE.
- E. Jebamalar Leavline, S.Megala2 and D.Asir Antony Gnana Singh, "CORDIC Iterations Based Architecture for Low Power and High Quality DCT", 2014 International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology 978-1-4799-4989-2/14/$31.00 © 2014 IEEE.
- Hyeonuk Jeong et al, "Low-Power Multiplierless" DCT Architecture Using Image Data Correlation;" IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 50, No. 1, FEBRUARY 2004.
- Syed Ali khayam, "The Discrete cosine transform(DCT) Theory and Application" Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Michigan state University, March10th 2003.
- Satyasen Panda, "Performance Analysis and Design of a Discreet Cosine Transform processor Using CORDIC algorithm", 2008-2010.
- Befrooz parhami, "Computer Airthmatic Algorithms and Hardware design", published by Oxford university press lnc. 198, Madison Avenue, New Yark , 2000.
- Keshab K. Parhi, "VLSI Digital Signal Processing Systems, design and implementation", Wiley.
- J.SriKrishna, "DESIGN OF 2D DISCRETE COSINE TRANSFORM USING CORDIC ARCHITECTURES IN VHDL" Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering National Institute of Technology, Rourkela May, 2007.
- Deepika Ghai, "COMPAATIVE ANALYSIS OF VARIOUS CORDIC TECHNIQUES", June, 2011.
- Yuan-Ho Chen et al, "A High Performance Video Transform Engine by Using Space- Time Scheduling Strategy", IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON VERY LARGE SCALE INTEGRATION (VLSI) SYSTEMS, VOL. 20, NO. 4, APRIL 2012.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 1 | January-Febuary - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Neelam Sharma, Vipul Agrawal, "Implementation of Discrete Cosine Transform using Common Boolean Logic Adder ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp.359-362, January-Febuary-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162196.php