In this paper, new algorithm for text encryption based on block cipher and chaotic maps is proposed. The proposed algorithm is encrypted and decrypted a block size of (8×8) byte. The nonlinear substitution S-box component that previously designed based on the method in , which is depends on 2d Logistic map and 2d Cross chaotic map, is used in this algorithm. Each block is first permuted by using Standard map and then substituted by the bytes in S-box. The resulted block is then Xored with the key. A random key generator based on Tent map is proposed to generate the key sequences that used in the encryption and decryption process. The result from key space analysis, differential attack analysis, information entropy analysis, correlation analysis of the plaintext and ciphertext characters have proven that the proposed algorithm can resist cryptanalytic, statistical and brute force attacks, and achieve higher level of security.
Ekhlas Abass Albhrany, Dr.Luma Fayeq Jalil, Prof. Dr. Hilal Hadi Saleh
text encryption, block cipher, chaotic map, S-Boxes, 2d Logistic map, 2d Cross map, 2d Standard map, 2d Tent map.
- J. Gickenheimer and P. Holmes, “Nonlinear Oscillations, Dynamical Systems and Bifurcations of Vector Fields”. Berlin, Germany: Springer, 1983.
- B. Schneier, Applied Cryptography: “Protocols, Algorithms, and Source Code in C”. New York: Wiley, 1996.
- J. Fridrich, “Symmetric Ciphers Based on Two-Dimensional Chaotic Maps”, International Journal Bifurcation Chaos, vol. 8, no. 6, June 1998, pp.1259-1284.
- L. Kocarev, “Chaos-based cryptography: A brief overview”, IEEE Circuits and Systems Magazine, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 6-21.
- X.Y. Wang and Yu Q., “A Block Encryption Algorithm Based on Dynamic Sequences of Multiple Chaotic Systems”. Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, 2009, vol. 14, no. , pp. 574-581.
- L. XueJia, L. MingXin, Q. Lei, H. JunSong and F. XiWen, “Asymmetric Encryption and Signature Method with DNA Technology", Science China Information Sciences, 2010, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 506-514.
- M. Kiran Kumar, S. Mukthyar Azam and Shaik Rasool, “Efficient Digital Encryption Algorithm Based on Matrix Scrambling Technique”, International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications (IJNSA), October 2010, vol.2, no.4. pp. 31-41.
- M. A. Murillo-Escobar, F. Abundiz-Pérez, C. Cruz-Hernández and R. M. López-Gutiérrez, “novel symmetric text encryption algorithm based on logistic map”, Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Communications, Signal Processing and Computers.
- M. Raj and S. Garg, “An Innovative Approach: Image Encryption with Chaotic Maps using DNA Addition Operation”, International Journal of Software and Web Science, IJSWS 14-337, August 2014, pp. 50 - 56.
- M. Ahmad and M. Alam, “A New Algorithm of Encryption and Decryption of Images Using Chaotic Mapping”, International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, vol. 2, no. 1, 2009, pp. 46-50.
- C. Fu, J. Huang, N. Wang, Q. Hou and W. Lei, “A Symmetric Chaos-Based Image Cipher with an Improved Bit-Level Permutation Strategy”, Entropy, vol. 16, 2014, pp. 770-788.
- L. Wang, Q. Ye, Y. Xiao, Y. Zou and B. Zhang, “An Image Encryption Scheme Based on Cross Chaotic Map”, Image and Signal Processing, IEEE, May 2008, pp. 22 - 26.
- E. A. Jackson, Perspectives in Nonlinear Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1, Reprint Edition, 1991.
- F. Rannou, “Numerical Study of Discrete Plane Area-Preserving Map”, Astron & Astrophys: vol. 31, 1974, pp. 289–301.
- S. Lian, J. Sun and Z. Wang, “A Block Cipher Based on a Suitable Use of the Chaotic Standard Map”, Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, 2005, vol. 26, pp. 117–129.
- A. Luca, A. Ilyas and A. Vlad, “Generating Random Binary Sequences Using Tent Map”. Proc. IEEE Int. Symposium on Signals, Circuits and Systems (ISSCS), Iasi, Romania, June 30-July 1, 2011, pp. 81-84.
- F. J. Luma , H. S. Hilal and A. Ekhlas, “ New Dynamical Key Dependent S-Box based on Chaotic Maps”. IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE) e-ISSN: vol. 17, N4, 2015, pp. 91-101.
- M. François, T. Grosges, D. Barchiesi and R. Erra, “Pseudo- random number generator based on mixing of three chaotic maps”, Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 19, no. 4,2014, pp. 887–895.
- G. Chen, Y. Mao and C. K. Chui, “A Symmetric Encryption Scheme Based on 3D Chaotic Cat Map”, Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 21, July 2004, pp. 749-761.
- A. Jolfaei and A. Mirghadri, “Image Encryption Using Chaos and Block Cipher”, Computer and Information Science, vol. 4, no. 1, January 2011, pp. 172 – 185.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Ekhlas Abass Albhrany, Dr.Luma Fayeq Jalil, Prof. Dr. Hilal Hadi Saleh, "New Text Encryption Algorithm Based on Block Cipher and Chaotic Maps", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.67-73, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162210.php