Cloud computing is the computing technology which provides resources like software, hardware, services over the internet. Cloud computing provides computation, software, data access, and storage services that do not require end-user knowledge of the physical location and configuration of the system that delivers the services. Cloud computing enables the user and organizations to store their data remotely and enjoy good quality applications on the demand without having any burden associated with local hardware resources and software managements but it possesses a new security risk towards correctness of data stored at cloud. The data storage in the cloud has been a promising issue in these days. This is due to the fact that the users are storing their valuable data and information in the cloud. The users should trust the cloud service providers to provide security for their data. Cloud storage services avoid the cost storage services avoids the cost expensive on software, personnel maintains and provides better performance less storage cost and scalability, cloud services through internet which increase their exposure to storage security vulnerabilities however security is one of the major drawbacks that preventing large organizations to enter into cloud computing environment. This work surveyed on several storage techniques and this advantage and its drawbacks.
S. Logapriya, S. Niraimathi
Cloud computing, Data Storage, Data Security, Storage Techniques.
- Judith Hurwitz, Robin Bloor, Marcia Kaufman, and Fern Halper," what is Cloud Computing For Dummies", "http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/what-is-cloud-computing.html", last modified 2013.
- Jason, "Defining Cloud Deployment Models":" http://bizcloudnetwork.com/defining-cloud-deployment-models", Last modified on AUGUST 4, 2010.
- Margaret Rouse, "CLOUD APPLICATION PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT: DOING THE JOB RIGHT", last modified December 2010.
- Anju Bala, Inderveer Chana, "Fault Tolerance- Challenges, Techniques and Implementation in Cloud Computing", in the year of January 2012.
- R. Yogamangalam and V.S. Shankar Sriram, "A Review on Security Issues in Cloud Computing", in the year of 2013.
- Rakhi Bhardwaj, Vikas Maral, "Dynamic Data Storage Auditing Services in Cloud Computing", in the year of April 2013.
- Yogita Gunjal, Prof. J.Rethna Virjil Jeny, "Data Security and Integrity of Cloud Storage in Cloud Computing", in the year of April 2013.
- Wang C , Wang Q et al . (2012),Towards secure And dependable Storage Services in Cloud Computing , IEEE Transactions on Services Computing ,vol5(2),220-232.
- Spillner J, Muller J et al (2012).Creating Optimal Cloud Storage System,future Generation Computer Systems ,vol29(4),1062-1072
- Dong B , Zheng Q et al.(2012). An optimized Approach for storing and Accessing small files on cloud storage,Journal of Network and Computer Applications ,35(6),1847-1862
- Deahmukh P M,Gughane A S et al.(2012).Maintaining Files Storage Security in Cloud Computing International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advance Engineering ,vol2(10),2250-2459.
- Tang Y,Lee P P C et al(2010).FADE: A Secure overlay Cloud Storage System with File assured Deletion ,6th International ICST Conference, Secure Comm.
- Wang W,Li Z et al(2009).Secure and efficient Access to outsource Data, CCSW ’09 Proceedings of the 2009 ACM workshop on Cloud Computing Security,55-66.
- Ensuring Data Storage Security in Cloud Computing .IOSR Journal of engineering –vol 2(12)-(2012) 2250-30
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
S. Logapriya, S. Niraimathi, "Data Storage in Cloud Computing", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.434-438, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622102.php