Indoor Positioning System (IPS) has played a major part in using navigation inside an enclosed or indoor location. Predominant Smartphone as localization subsystems currently relies on server-side localization processes, allowing the service provider to know the location of a user at all time. Here we propose an algorithm to avoid the other sources from accessing personal data from the user hence avoiding data theft. A key observation is that these incidents typically involve large congregations of individuals, which form durable and stable areas with high density. Since the process of discovering, gathering patterns over large-scale trajectory databases can be quite lengthy, we further develop a set of well thought out techniques to improve the performance. We have evaluated our framework using a real prototype developed in Android and Hardtop HBase as well as realistic Wi-Fi traces scaling-up to several GBs. We can offer fine-grained localization in approximately four orders of magnitude less energy and number of Messages than competitive approaches.
Vishal V, Sanjeev Krishnan R, Kayalvizhi C
IPS, Security, Navigation, Offline Navigation
- Y. Gu, A. Lo, and I. Niemegeers, “A survey of indoor positioning systems for wireless personal networks,” IEEE Commun. Surveys Tuts, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 13–32, 1st Quarter 2009.
- H. Liu, H. Darabi, P. Banerjee, and J. Liu, “Survey of wireless indoor positioning techniques and systems,” IEEE Trans. Syst., Man Cybern., C, Appl. Rev., vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 1067–1080, Nov. 2007.
- L. Petrou, G. Larkou, C. Laoudias, D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, and C. G. Panayiotou. (2014). Crowdsourced indoor localization and navi-gation with anyplace, in Proc. 13th Int. Symp. Inf. Process. Sensor Netw., pp. 331–332 [Online]. Available: http://dl.acm.org/ citation.cfm?id=2602339.2602400
- B. H. Bloom, “Space/time trade-offs in hash coding with allow-able errors,” Commun. ACM, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 422–426, Jul. 1970.
- A. Konstantinidis, G. Chatzimiloudis, C. Laoudias, S. Nicolaou, and D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, “Towards planet-scale localization on smartphones with a partial radiomap,” in Proc. 4th ACM Int. Workshop Hot Topics Planet-Scale Meas., 2012, pp. 9–14.
- G. Larkou, C. Costa, P. G. Andreou, A. Konstantinidis, and D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, “Managing smartphone testbeds with smartlab,” in Proc. 27th Int. Conf. Large Installation Syst. Administra-tion, 2013, pp. 115–132.
- C. Laoudias, G. Constantinou, M. Constantinides, S. Nicolaou, D. Zeinalipour-Yazti, and C. G. Panayiotou, “The airplace indoor positioning platform for android smartphones,” in Proc. 13th IEEE Int. Conf. Mobile Data Manag., 2012, pp. 312–315.
- D. Lymberopoulos, J. Liu, X. Yang, R. R. Choudhury, V. Handziski, and S. Sen, “A realistic evaluation and comparison of indoor location technologies: Experiences and lessons learned,” in Proc. 14th Int. Conf. Inf. Process. Sensor Netw., 2015, pp. 178–189.
- B. Li, J. Salter, A. G. Dempster, and C. Rizos, “Indoor positioning techniques based on wireless LAN,” in Proc. 1st Int. Conf. Wireless Broadband Ultra Wideband Commun., June 2006, pp. 13–16.
- L. Sweeney, “K-anonymity: A model for protecting privacy,” Int. J. Uncertain. Fuzziness Knowl.-Based Syst., vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 557–570, Oct. 2002.
- R. Agrawal, J. Kiernan, R. Srikant, and Y. Xu. (2002). Hippocratic databases, in Proc. 28th Int. Conf. Very Large Data Bases, pp. 143–154 [Online]. Available: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1287369. 1287383
- H. Kido, Y. Yanagisawa, and T. Satoh, “An anonymous communi-cation technique using dummies for location-based services,” in Proc. Int. Conf. Pervasive Services, 2005, pp. 88–97.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Vishal V, Sanjeev Krishnan R, Kayalvizhi C, " Indoor Localization Using IPS with User Defined Privacy Preservation", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.387-392, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622126.php