Wireless Sensor Networks offers a wide range of applications in areas such as traffic monitoring, medical care, inhospitable terrain, robotic exploration and agriculture surveillance. In wsn, thousands of physically embedded sensor nodes are distributed in possibly harsh terrain and in most applications, it is impossible to replenish energy via replacing batteries. In order to cooperatively monitor physical or environmental conditions. The main task of sensor nodes is to collect and transmit data. It is well known that transmitting data consumes much more energy than collecting data. The advent of efficient wireless communications and advancement in electronics has enabled the development of low-power, low-cost and multifunctional wireless sensor nodes that are characterized by miniaturization and integration. The main aim of this project is to effectively send the data(value added and original) using opportunistic routing algorithm and to improve energy efficiency in one dimensional network. Here we send the data to sink using one dimensional networks, so it cannot divert to other nodes. It will go directly to sink. Another process of route finding depends on its coverage. In this process effectively transfer the emergency data to the sink.
M. Priyanka, R.Sowmya
Wireless Sensor Network, Opportunistic Routing, One Dimensional Network.
- Michele Zorzi, Senior Member, IEEE, and Ramesh R. Rao, Senior Member, IEEE “Geographic Random Forwarding (GeRaF) for adhoc and sensor networks: multihop performance” to appear in the IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 2, n. 4, Oct.-Dec. 2003
- Xufei Mao, Member, IEEE et al, “Energy Efficient Opportunistic Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, VOL. , NO. 1, 2011
- N.Kaleeswari1 and Dr.K.Baskaran, Anna University of Technology, “Implementation of Energy Balancing in Wireless Sensor Networks” IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 9, Issue 3, No 2, May 2012
- D. Zhang, G. Li, K. Zheng, X. Ming, and Z.-H. Pan, “An energy-balanced routing method based on forward-aware factor for wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Informat., vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 766–773, Feb. 2014
- G.J.Pottie and W.J.Kaiser, “Wireless integrated network sensors,” Commun. Assoc. Comput. Mach., vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 51–58, 2000.
- F. Ren, J. Zhang, T. He, C. Lin, and S. K. Ren, “EBRP: Energybalanced routing protocol for data gathering in wireless sensor networks,” IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst., vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 2108–2125, Dec. 2011.
- A. Behnad and S. Nader-Esfahani, “On the statistics of MFR routing in one-dimensional ad hoc networks,” IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 3276–3289, Sep. 2011.
- A. Ghasemi and S. Nader-Esfahani, “Exact probability of connectivity one-dimensional ad hoc wireless networks,” IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 251–253, Apr. 2006.
- A. Behnad and S. Nader-Esfahani, “Probability of node to base station connectivity in one-dimensional ad hoc networks,” IEEE Commun. Lett., vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 650–652, Jul. 2010.
- P. Piret, “On the connectivity of radio networks,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 1490–1492, Sep. 1991
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
M. Priyanka, R.Sowmya, "Energy Efficient Wireless Sensors in One Dimensional Networks", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.588-593, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622139.php