Automatic Generation Control is necessary for reliable & continuous operation of power system which is obtained by using different controllers. For efficient operation of the system, optimization of the different controlling parameters is necessary which can be obtained by using optimization techniques. Some of these techniques like genetic algorithm, BF, PSO etc. are discussed and a review is presented.
Anu Chaudhary, Mohan Kashyap, Satish Kansal
Automatic Generation Control; Genetic Algorithm; Artificial Neural Network; Fuzzy logic; Bacterial Foraging; Particle Swarm Optimization
- D. P. Kothari and J. S. Dhillon, “Power System Optimization”, 2nd edition, PHI, New Delhi, 2010.
- Wen Tan, “Unified tuning of PID load frequency controller for power systems via IMC”,IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol.25, no.1, pp.341-350, 2010.
- D. Das, J. Nanda, M. L. Kothari, and D. P. Kothari, “Automatic generation control of hydrothermal system with new area control error considering generation rate constraint,” Elect. Mach. Power Syst., vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 461–471, Nov./Dec. 1990.
- L. Hari, M. L. Kothari, and J. Nanda, “Optimum selection of speed regulation parameters for automatic generation control in discrete mode considering generation rate constraints,” Proc. Inst. Elect. Eng. C, vol. 138,no. 5, pp. 401–406, Sep. 1991.
- A. Abdennour, “Adaptive optimal gain scheduling for the load frequency control problem,” Elect. Power Compon. Syst., vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 45–56, Jan. 2002.
- S. C. Tripathy, T. S. Bhatti, C. S. Jha, O. P. Malik, and G. S. Hope, “Sampled data automatic generation control analysis with reheat steam turbines and governor dead band effects,” IEEE Trans. Power App. Syst., vol. PAS-103, no. 5, pp. 1045–1051, May 1984.
- Geoffrey Eappen and Dr.Sandeep Bhongade, “Optimized Automatic Generation Control Scheme including SMES in an inter connected Power System,” Electrical and Electronics Engineering: An International Journal (ELELIJ) Vol 2, No 3, August 2013.
- Omveer Singh, Prabhakar Tiwari, Ibraheemand and Arunesh Kr.Singh, “A Survey of Recent Automatic Generation Control Strategies in Power Systems,” International Journal of Emerging Trends in Electrical and Electronics (IJETEE–ISSN: 2320-9569) Vol. 7, Issue.2, Sep-2013.
- Demiroren A, Zeynelgil HL, “GA application to optimization of AGC in three-area power system after deregulation.” Int J Electrical Power Energy System 2007;29:230–40.
- R. D. Christie and A. Bose, “Load frequency control issues in power system operations after deregulation,” IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 11,no. 3, pp. 1191–1200, Aug. 1996.
- Armin Ebrahimi Milani, Babak Mozafari, “Genetic Algorithm based optimal load frequency control in two-area interconected power systems” Transaction on Power system optimization ISSN: 2229-8711 Online Publication, June 2011.
- Sandeep Bhongade, Barjeev Tyagi, H. O. Gupta, “Genetic algorithm based PID controller design for a multi-area AGC scheme in a restructured power system”, International Journal of Engineering, Science and Technology Vol. 3, No. 1, 2011, pp. 220-236.
- G.D. Chown, R.C. Hartman, “Design and Experience with a Fuzzy Logic Controller for Automatic Generation Control (AGC)”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 13, No. 3, August 1998.
- J. Nanda, A. Mangla, “Automatic Generation Control of an Interconnected Hydro-Thermal System Using Conventional Integral and Fuzzy Logic Controller”, IEEE International Conference on Electric Utility Deregulation, Restructuring and Power Technologies (DRPT2004) April 2004 Hong Kong.
- Poonam Rani, Mr. Ramavtar Jaswal, “Automatic load frequency control of multi-area power system using ANN controller and Genetic algorithm,” nternational Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 4 Issue 9- Sep 2013.
- Vipul Sharma, S.S. Pattnaik, Tanuj Garg, “A Review of Bacterial Foraging Optimization and Its Applications”, National Conference on Future Aspects of Artificial intelligence in Industrial Automation (NCFAAIIA 2012) Proceedings published by International Journal of Computer Applications® (IJCA).
- H.E.A. Ibrahim,F.N Hassan,Anas O. Shamer, “Optimal PID control of a brushless DC motor using PSO and BF techniques,” Ain Shams Engineering Journal (2014) 5, 391-398.
- Russell C. Eberhart, Yuhui Shi, “Particle Swarm Optimization: Developments, Applications and Resources,” 0-7803-6657-3/01/$10.00 ©2001 IEEE.
- T. K. Das, and G. K. Venayagamoorthy, “Optimal Design of Power System Stabilizers Using a Small Population Based PSO,” 1-4244-0493-2/06/$20.00 ©2006 IEEE.
- Santigopal Pain, Parimal Acharjee, “Multiobjective Optimization of Load Frequency Control using PSO,” International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering Website: www.ijetae.com (ISSN 2250-2459, ISO 9001:2008 Certified Journal, Volume 4, Special Issue 7, April 2014).
- K. P. Singh Parmar, “LFC System of Multi-Area Interconnected Power Systems using TVAC-PSO based Controller”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 88 – No.8, February 2014.
- Ibraheem And Omveer Singh, “Design of PSO based Automatic Generation Control with cost functions”, Journal of Electrical Engineering .
- CH. Ravi Kumar, Dr. P.V.Ramana Rao, “PSO based fractional order automatic generation controller for two area power system,” International Journal of Electrical Engineering and Technology (IJEET), ISSN 0976 – 6545(Print), ISSN 0976 – 6553(Online) Volume 5, Issue 9, September (2014), pp. 17-28 © IAEME.
- Kansal S, Kumar V, Taygi B. Optimal placement of different type of DG sources in distribution networks. Elect Power Energy Syst 2013; 53: 752–60.
- Hsuan-Ming Feng, Ji-Hwei Horng, Shiang-Min Jou, “Bacterial Foraging Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm Based Fuzzy-VQ Compression Systems,” Journal of Information Hiding and Multimedia Signal Processing ©2012 ISSN 2073-4212 Ubiquitous International Volume 3, Number 3, July 2012.
- Sathans and A. Swarup, “Intelligent Automatic Generation Control of Two Area Interconnected Power System using Hybrid Neuro Fuzzy Controller,” World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology International Journal of Electrical, Computer, Energetic, Electronic and Communication Engineering Vol:5, No:12, 2011.
- Dr.I.A.Chidambaram, R.Francis, “Automatic Generation Control of a Two area Reheat Interconnected Power system based on CPS using Fuzzy Neural Network”, proceedings of ICETECT 2011.
- Kansal S, Kumar V, Taygi B. Hybrid approach for optimal placement of Multiple DGs of Multiple types in distribution networks. Elect Power Energy Syst 2013; 53: 752–60.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Anu Chaudhary, Mohan Kashyap, Satish Kansal, "Automatic Generation Control-A Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.81-84, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162214.php