We investigated the optimal scheduling problem for systems with reconfiguration delays, time-varying channels, and interference constraints. A user, with limited channel sensing capability, chooses one channel to sense and decides whether to use the channel (based on the sensing result) in each time slot. We explore how a smart sender should exploit past observations and the knowledge of the stochastic properties of these channels to maximize its transmission rate by switching opportunistically across channels. We prove that a frame-based Max-Weight scheduling algorithm that sets frame durations dynamically, as a function of the current queue lengths and average channel gains, is throughput-optimal.
Harini S, Jayachithra R K, Jenineelampari A, Sivakumar S
Queueing, Reconfiguration delay, Scheduling, Switching delay, time-varying channels.
- G. Celik, "Scheduling algorithms for throughput maximization in time-varying networks with reconfiguration delays," Ph.D. dissertation, MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA, 2012.
- G. D.Çelik and E. Modiano, "Scheduling in networks with time-varying channels and reconfiguration delay," in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, Mar. 2012, pp. 990–998.
- G. D.Çelik, L. B. Le, and E. Modiano, "Scheduling in parallel queues with randomly varying connectivity and switchover delay," in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM Mini-Conf., Apr. 2011, pp. 316–320.
- G. Celik, S. Borst, P. Whiting, and E. Modiano, "Variable frame based max-weight algorithms for networks with switchover delay," in Proc. IEEE ISIT, Jun. 2011, pp. 2537–2541.
- A. Eryilmaz, A. Ozdaglar, and E. Modiano, "Polynomial complexity algorithms for full utilization of multi-hop wireless networks," in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, May 2007, pp. 499–507.
- R. G. Gallager, Discrete Stochastic Processes. Norwell, MA, USA:Kluwer, 1996.
- L. Georgiadis, M. Neely, and L. Tassiulas, Resource Allocation and Cross-Layer Control in Wireless Networks. Delft, The Netherlands: Now, 2006.
- Y. Hawar, E. Farag, S. Vanakayala, R. Pauls, X. Yang, S. Subramanian,P. Sadhanala, L. Yang, B. Wang, Z. Li, H. Chen, Z. Lu, D. Clark, T.Fosket, P. Mallela, M. Shelton, D. Laurens, T. Salaun, L. Gougeon,N. Aubourg, H. Morvan, N. Le Henaff, G. Prat, F. Charles, C. Creach,Y. Calvez, and P. Butel, "3G UMTS wireless system physical layer:Baseband processing hardware implementation perspective," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 52–58, Sep. 2006.
- J. Padhye, V. N. Padmanabhan, and L. Qiu, "Impact of interference on multi-hop wireless network performance," Wireless Netw., vol. 11, pp. 471–487, Sep. 2005.
- K. Jagannathan, S. Mannor, I. Menache, and E. Modiano, "A state action frequency approach to throughput maximization over uncertain wireless channels," in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM Mini-Conf., Apr. 2011, pp. 491–495.
- L. Ying and S. Shakkottai, "On throughput-optimality with delayed network-state information," in Proc. ITA, Jan. 2008, pp. 339–344.
- M. Yun, Y. Zhou, A. Arora, and H. Choi, "Channel-assignment and scheduling in wireless mesh networks considering switching overhead," in Proc. IEEE ICC, Jun. 2009, pp. 1–6.
- Q. Zhao, B. Krishnamachari, and K. Liu, "On myopic sensing for multichannel opportunistic access: Structure, optimality, and performance," IEEE Trans. Wireless Commun., vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 5431–5440, Dec.2008.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Harini S, Jayachithra R K, Jenineelampari A, Sivakumar S, "Scheduling Algorithms for Efficient Sensor for Self- Deployment in Mobile Sensor Networks", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.457-459, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622143.php