A wireless sensor network (WSN) consists of a huge number of sensor nodes that are inadequate in energy, storage and processing power. One of the major tasks of the sensor nodes is the collection of data and forwarding the gathered data to the Base Station (BS). Hence, the network lifetime becomes the major criteria for effective design of the data gathering schemes in WSN. In this paper, an Energy Efficient LEACH (EE-LEACH) Protocol for data gathering is introduced. It offers an energy efficient routing in WSN based on the effective data ensemble and optimal clustering. In this system, a cluster head is elected for each cluster to minimize the energy dissipation of the sensor nodes and to optimize the resource utilization. The energy efficient routing can be obtained by nodes which have the maximum residual energy. Hence, the highest residual energy nodes are selected to forward the data to BS. It helps to provide better packet delivery ratio with lesser energy utilization. The experimental results shows that the proposed EE-LEACH yields better performance than the existing Energy-Balanced Routing Protocol(EBRP) and Low Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy(LEACH) Protocol in terms of better packet delivery ratio, lesser end-to-end delay and energy consumption. It is obviously proves that the proposed EE-LEACH can improve the network lifetime.
Komathi. M, Rajanarayanan. S
Clustering ; Cluster head; Energy-efficient routing; Low energy adaptive clustering hierarchy (LEACH); Wireless sensor networks.
- Ahluwalia Prashant, Virender Rana, Survey of Leach based Protocol using WSN, SSRG International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering (SSRG-IJCSE) – EFES April 2015.
- Alakesh Braman, Umapathi G. R, A Comparative Study on Advances in LEACH Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks: A survey (IJARCC) Engineering Vol. 3, Issue 2, February 2014.
- BS Mathapati, SR Patil, VD Mytri, Energy efficient reliable data aggregation technique for wireless sensor networks, in 2012 International Conference on Computing Sciences (ICCS), (Reykjavík, Iceland), pp. 153-158.
- Bista, R. Yong-ki Kim, Jae-Woo Chang, A New Approach for Energy-Balanced Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks, Computer and Information Technology, CIT '09.Ninth IEEE International Conference on ,Oct. 2009.
- Chand, K.K., Bharati, P.V., Ramanjaneyulu, B.S., Optimized Energy Efficient Routing Protocol for life-time improvement in Wireless Sensor Networks, Advances in Engineering, Science and Management (ICAESM), International Conference on , vol.,no., pp.345,349, 30-31 March 2012.
- Katiyar, V., Chand, N., Gautam, G.C., Kumar, A., Improvement in LEACH protocol for large-scale wireless sensor networks, Emerging Trends in Electrical and Computer Technology (ICETECT), International Conference on ,March 2011.
- Tyagi, S. Gupta, S.K. Tanwar, S. Kumar, N., EHE-LEACH: Enhanced heterogeneous LEACH protocol for lifetime enhancement of wireless SNs, Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), International Conference on , vol., no., pp.1485,1490, 22-25 Aug. 2013.
- Yanwei Wu, Xiang-yang Li, Mo Li, Wei Lou, Energy-Efficient Wake-Up Scheduling for Data Collection and Aggregation, Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on , vol.21, no.2, pp.275,287, Feb. 2010.
- Z. Arabi, HERF: A hybrid energy efficient routing using a fuzzy method in Wireless Sensor Networks, Intelligent and Advanced Systems (ICIAS), International Conference on , vol., no., pp.1,6, 15-17 June 2010.
- G Wei, Y Ling, B Guo, B Xiao, AV Vasilakos, Prediction-based data aggregation in wireless sensor networks: combining grey model and Kalman filter. Comput Commun. 34, 793–802 (2011).
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Komathi. M, Rajanarayanan. S, "Leach Protocol with Energy Efficient Packet Transfer in Wireless Sensor Networks", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.880-887, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622162.php