As the number of urban vehicles grows rapidly with the development of the economy, people are getting more concerned about vehicle theft prevention, which creates broader market prospects for vehicle anti-theft products. Various vehicle anti-theft devices have been jumped up lately, however the result is still disappointing for all kinds of devices have its drawbacks. Domestic and overseas vehicle anti-theft products are technologically classified into three categories: mechanical lock devices, car alarm system, and vehicle tracking/recovery systems, mainly aiming at preventing cars to be broken in and driven away.To address the limitations of existing vehicle tracking/alarming systems, we propose an anti-theft system mainly based on GPS and GSM system, designed and realized by integration of traditional anti-theft alarm, GPS, GSM SMS system and mobile phone android applications.The owner will receive a short message sent by GSM module as soon as the car is stolen, then he can use android mobile phone application to track down the car. Compared with traditional vehicle anti-theft systems which require customers to install software and track the location of the car on computers, our system use android mobile phone as client terminal, offering customers with more immediate, convenient and cheaper service. Additionally, since we use the free Google Map for location, which means that customers simply have to pay for WAP data traffic and SMS costs. Among them, SMS module costs less than ￥5. 00 monthly if the owner has ordered text message packages launched by mobile telecommunication carriers. For further development, manufacturers cooperating with mobile telecom carriers can allow customers to send and pick up messages at very low price.
Santha Kumar. S, Sree Siddharth. M, Sriram J, Dr. N. Sathish Kumar, S. Janani
GPS, GSM, Bluetooth, IOT, Freegoolemap, Locking
- Chen, H., Chiang, Y. Chang, F., H. Wang, H. (2010). Toward Real-Time Precise Point Positioning: Differential GPS Based on IGS Ultra Rapid Product,SICE Annual Conference, The Grand Hotel, Taipei, Taiwan August 18-21.
- Asaad M. J. Al-Hindawi, IbraheemTalib, "Experimentally Evaluation of GPS/GSM Based System Design”, Journal of Electronic Systems Volume 2 Number 2 June 2012
- KunalMaurya ,Mandeep Singh, Neelu Jain, "Real Time Vehicle Tracking System using GSM and GPS Technology- An Anti-theft Tracking System,” International Journal of Electronics and Computer Science Engineering. ISSN 2277-1956/V1N3-1103-1107
- Vikram Kulkarni &ViswaprakashBabu, "embedded smart car security system on face detection", special issue of IJCCT, ISSN(Online):2231-0371, ISSN(Print):0975-7449,volume-3, issue-1
- V.Ramya, B. Palaniappan, K. Karthick, "Embedded Controller for Vehicle In-Front Obstacle Detection and Cabin Safety Alert System”, International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology (IJCSIT) Vol 4, No 2, April 2012.
- Kai-Tai Song, Chih-Chieh Yang, of National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, "Front Vehicle Tracking Using Scene Analysis”, Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics & Automation 2005.
- Chen Peijiang, Jiang Xuehua, "Design and Implementation of Remote monitoring system based on GSM,” vol.42, pp.167-175. 2008.
- Albert Alexe, R.Ezhilarasie, "Cloud Computing Based Vehicle Tracking Information Systems”, ISSN: 2229 - 4333 ( Print) | ISSN: 0976 - 8491 (Online ) IJCST Vol 2, Issue 1, March 2011
- R.Ramani, S.Selvaraju, S.Valarmathy, R.ThangamB.Rajasekaran, "water-level monitor for bore well and water tank based on GSM”, International Journal of engineering science and technology (IJEST), ISSN: 0975-5462, volume4-N0:10, october2012
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Santha Kumar. S, Sree Siddharth. M, Sriram J, Dr. N. Sathish Kumar, S. Janani, "Remote Vehicle Tracking System using GSM Modem and Google MAP", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.538-542, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622177.php