Low noise amplifiers (LNAs) play a key role in radio receiver performance. A LNA is an electronic amplifier that amplifies a very low power signal without significantly degrading its signal-to-noise ratio. An amplifier will increase the power of both signal and the noise present at is input. Low noise amplifiers are designed to minimize the additional noise. Designers minimize the additional noise by considering tradeoffs that include impedance matching, choosing the amplifier technology and selecting biasing conditions. Performance of different design are compared with respective noise figure, gain, input and output reflection coefficient. Advanced design system (ADS) tool was used for design and simulation of LNA.
Nataraj. B, Arthi. G, Gayathri.M. D, Deepa. D
Low noise amplifier (LNA), noise figure, gain, input and output reflection coefficients, ADS.
- Viranjay M.Srivasava , K.S. Yadav , and G.Singh, "Analysis of double gate CMOS for double pole four throw RF switch design at 45nm technology." J of computational electronics, vol.10, no.1-2, pp.229-240, june 2011
- T.Rubesh Kumar, S.Inbalakshmi, and C.T.Melfa Steffy, " Design and Analysis of Low Noise Amplifier for ISM Band" Agilent technologies, vol. 3 Issue 12, December 2014
- Mohammad Fallahnejad and Alireza Kashaniniya, "Design of Low Noise Amplifiers at 10 GHz and 15 GHz for Wireless Communication systems", vol. 9, Issue 5 Ver. IV(Sep - Oct 2014)
- Yu. Na Su and G. Li, " Design of a Low Noise Amplifier of RF Communication Receiver for Mine, Electrical & Electronics Engineering" (EEESYM), 2012 IEEE Symposium on, 2012, 125-127
- G.Gonzalez, "Microwave Transistor Amplifiers," in Plastics, 2nd ed., Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1997, pp. 281
- Curtis L. Mayberry, " 6GHz Low-Noise Amplifier Design", IEEE, December 2012
- Navneeta deo, " Design and Test of an L-Band (GNSS) Low Noise Amplifier and Limiter", August, 2015
- S. Bosse,S. Barth , N. Dubouloz , B. Jarry, B. Barelaud,L. Billonnet "SIGE Bipolar Transistor Low Noise Amplifier 150 MHz-2 GHZ", Proceedings of the XXVIIIth URSI General Assembly in New Delhi (October 2005)
- Trung Kien Nguyen, Chung-Hwan Kim, Gook-Ju Ihm , Moon-Su Yang,Sang-Gug Lee, "CMOS low noise amplifier design optimization techniques: IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MICROWAVE THEORY AND TECHNIQUES, Vol. 52., Issue 5
- Tim Das, "Practical considerations for low noise amplifier design" http://cache.freescale.com/files/rf_if/doc/white_paper/RFLNAWP.pdf Cited: July , 2015]
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Nataraj. B, Arthi. G, Gayathri.M. D, Deepa. D, "Design of 2.4 GHz Low Noise Amplifiers for Wireless Communication System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.568-571, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622184.php