Business software development is difficult to bear throughout the world within the scope of their work around the world to obtain many benefits. The remarkable development of globalization software known as global software development (GSD). Software teams are located in different regions or location worldwide. However, geographical or temporal distance between the developer, tester and team members, etc. Many software companies are followed by GSD profit as cost reduction, time (extra work), quality, large pool of labor, and access to skilled labor, etc. but with the benefits they face many challenges related to communication, coordination, confidence and control. These problems / challenges have some serious risks for the smooth implementation of projects. In this review we highlight critical GSD advantage and disadvantage in terms of communication, coordination and trust.
Syed Roohullah Jan, Faheem Dad, Nouman Amin, Abdul Hameed, Syed Saad Ali Shah
Global Software Development, Socio cultural Distance, Geographical Distance, Temporal Distance
- Y. H. Shah, M. Raza and S. UlHaq, “Communication issue in GSD”, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology Vol. 40, March, 2012.
- S.Sharma, P. Kaur, U. Kaur, “Communication Understandability Enhancement in GSD”, 2015 1st International conference on futuristic trend in computational analysis and knowledge management (ABLAZE 2015).
- S. U. Khan, M. Niazi and R. Ahmad, “Factors Influencing Clients in the Selection of Offshore Software Outsourcing Vendors: An Exploratory Study Using a Systematic Lit-erature Review,” The Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 84, No. 4, 2010, pp. 686-699
- M. Yuan; X. Zhang; Z. Chen; Vogel, Douglas R.; Xuelin Chu. (2009). IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, August, Vol. 56 Issue 3, pp. 494-507.
- A. A. Khana, S. Basrib, P.D.D. Domincc, “A Proposed Framework for Communication Risks during RCM in GSD”, International Conference on Innovation, Management and Technology Research, Malaysia, 22 – 23 September, 2013.
- M. A. Jan, P. Nanda, X. He and R. P. Liu. 2013. “Enhancing lifetime and quality of data in cluster-based hierarchical routing protocol for wireless sensor network”, 2013 IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications & 2013 IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (HPCC & EUC), pp. 1400-1407.
- M. A. Jan, P. Nanda, and X. He. 2013. “Energy Evaluation Model for an Improved Centralized Clustering Hierarchical Algorithm in WSN”, in Wired/Wireless Internet Communication, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 154–167, Springer, Berlin, Germany.
- M. A. Jan, P. Nanda, X. He and R. P. Liu. 2014. “PASCCC: Priority-based application-specific congestion control clustering protocol,” Computer Networks, vol. 74, pp. 92-102.
- Mian Ahmad Jan and Muhammad Khan. 2013. A Survey of Cluster-based Hierarchical Routing Protocols, IRACST–International Journal of Computer Networks and Wireless Communications (IJCNWC), Vol.3, pp.138-143.
- F. Khan, K. Nakagawa. 2012. “Performance Improvement in Cognitive Radio Sensor Networks” in the IEICE Japan.
- F. Khan, K. Nakagawa. 2013. “Comparative Study of Spectrum Sensing Techniques in Cognitive Radio Networks” in World Congress on Computer and Information Technology, pp.1-8
- Mian Ahmad Jan and Muhammad Khan. 2013. Denial of Service Attacks and Their Countermeasures in WSN, IRACST–International Journal of Computer Networks and Wireless Communications (IJCNWC), vol. 3, April 2013.
- M. A. Jan, P. Nanda, X. He and R. P. Liu. 2015. “A Sybil Attack Detection Scheme for a Centralized Clustering-based Hierarchical Network,” in Trustcom/BigDataSE/ISPA, Vol.1, PP-318-325, IEEE.
- M. A. Jan, P. Nanda, X. He, Z. Tan and R. P. Liu. 2014. “A robust authentication scheme for observing resources in the internet of things environment” in 13th International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom), pp. 205-211, IEEE
- F. Khan, S.A. Kamal, F. Arif, “Fairness Improvement in long-chain Multi-hop Wireless Ad hoc Networks” in IEEE ICCVE 2013, Las Vegas, USA 2-6 December, 2013
- H. Ali, , A. Saeed, S.R.U, Jan, A.U. Khan and A. Khawaja. 2012. “Internet Connectivity using Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks”
- R. Ali, H. Ali, H., Salman and S. Iqbal. 2014. “A Novel Survey on: Mobility Based Routing in Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks (Vanets)”, Journal of Applied Environmental and Biological Sciences, pp. 487.
- Mian Ahmad Jan, “Energy-efficient routing and secure communication in wireless sensor networks” PhD Thesis, 2016. http://hdl.handle.net/10453/43497
- F.Khan 2012. “Secure communication and routing architecture in wireless sensor networks” in IEEE 3rd Global Conference Consumer Electronics (GCCE), pp 647-650
- K.Nakagawa F. Khan, F. Bashir. 2012. “Dual Head Clustering Scheme in Wireless Sensor Networks” International Conference on Emerging Technologies (ICET), pp. 1-5.
- M. A. Jan, P. Nanda, X. He and R. P. Liu. 2016. A Lightweight Mutual Authentication Scheme for IoT Objects, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC), “Submitted”.
- M. A. Jan, P. Nanda, X. He and R. P. Liu. 2016. A Sybil Attack Detection Scheme for a Forest Wildfire Monitoring Application, Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS), “Submitted”.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Syed Roohullah Jan, Faheem Dad, Nouman Amin, Abdul Hameed, Syed Saad Ali Shah, "Issues In Global Software Development (Communication, Coordination and Trust) - A Critical Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.660-663, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622207.php