Image processing techniques are widely used in the domain of medical sciences for detecting various diseases, infections, tumours, cell abnormalities and various cancers. Detecting and curing a disease on time is very important in the field of medicine for protecting and saving human life. Mostly in case of high severity diseases where the mortality rates are more, the waiting time of patients for their reports such as blood test, MRI is more. The time taken for generation of any of the test is from 1-3 days. The current system used by the pathologists for identification of blood parameters is costly and the time involved in generation of the reports is also more sometimes leading to loss of patient's life. Also the pathological tests are expensive, which are sometimes not affordable by the patient. This paper deals with an image processing technique used for detecting the abnormalities of blood cells in less time. The proposed technique also helps in identifying the dead cells in the blood samples using morphological techniques through cell opening and closing which gives upto 89% computational accuracy.
Mythili. A, Sreeja. G, Thamzhamuthan. N
Blood Cells, Morphology, Fluorescent Dye.
- Gonzalez, "Digital Image Processing Using MATLAB," 2010.
- Siddharth Sekhar Barpanda, “Use of Image Processing Techniques to Automatically Diagnose Sickle-Cell Anemia Present in Red Blood Cells Smear”, 2010.
- Devesh D. Nawgaje1, Dr. Rajendra D. Kanphade2” Implementation of Computational Intelligent Techniques for Diagnosis of Cancer Using Digital Signal Processor” International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM) Web Site: www.ijaiem.org Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, vol. 2, no. 1, January 2013.
- Robert T. Krivacic*, Andras Ladanyi, Douglas N. Curry, H. B. Hsieh, Peter Kuhn, Danielle E. Bergsrud,” A rare-cell detector for cancer” July 20, 2004 , vol. 101 , no. 29, pp. 10501–10504.
- Nasrul Humaimi Mahmood and Muhammad Asraf Mans” Red blood cells estimation using hough transform technique” Signal & Image Processing : An International Journal (SIPIJ) Vol.3, No.2, April 2012.
- Zainb Nayyar “Blood cell detection and counting” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research and Development (IJAERD)ISSN(P): 2250-1584; ISSN(E): 2278-9383Vol. 4, Issue 2, Apr 2014, 35- 40© TJPRC Pvt. Ltd.
- Stine-Kathrein Kraeft, Rebecca Sutherland,Laura Gravelin, Guan-Hong Hu,Louis H. Ferland, Paul Richardson,Anthony Elias, and Lan Bo Chen2” Detection and Analysis of Cancer Cells in Blood and Bone Marrow Using a Rare Event Imaging System1” Vol. 6, 434–442, February 2000.
- Henri Wajcman and Kamran Moradkhani” Abnormal haemoglobins: detection & characterization” Indian J Med Res 134, October 2011, pp 538-546538.
- Abdul Nasir, A. S., Mustafa, N., and Mohd Nasir, N. F., “Application of Thresholding Technique in Determining Ratio of Blood Cells for Leukemia Detection”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Man-Machine Systems (ICoMMS) 11 – 13 October 2009, Batu Ferringhi, Penang, MALAYSIA.
- S. Jagadeesh, E. Nagabhooshanam, and S. Venkatachalam, “Image processing based approach to cancer cell prediction in blood samples”, International Journal of Technology and Engineering Sciences, vol. 1, no. 1, ISSN: 2320-8007 2013.
- N., H., A., Halim, M., Y., Mashor, R., Hassan,“Automatic Blasts Counting for AcuteLeukemia Based on Blood Samples”,International Journal of Research And Reviews in Computer Science, Vol. 2, No. 4,August 2011.
- Rupsa Bhattacharjee, Dr.Monisha Chakroborty,”LPG-PCA Algorithm and Selective Thresholding based automated Method: ALL and AML Blast Cells Detection and Counting” International Conference on Communications, Devices and Intelligence System.2012.
- N., H., A., Halim, M., Y., Mashor, R., Hassan, “Automatic Blasts Counting for Acute Leukemia Based on Blood Samples”, International Journal of Research and Reviews in Computer Science, Vol. 2, No. 4, August 2011, pp. 971-976.
- T. Markiewicz, S. Osowski, B., Marianska, L., Moszczynski, “Automatic Recognition of the Blood Cells of Myelogenous Leukemia Using SVM”, Proceedings of International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, Montreal, Canada, July 31 – August 4, 2005, pp. 2496-2501.
- Cseke, I., Geometry GIS System House Ltd. Budapest 1025, Felso Zoldmali 128-1 30. Hungary “A fastsegmentation scheme for white blood cell images”, Proceedings of the 11th IAPR International Conference on Pattern Recognition Image, Speech and Signal Analysis, Aug. 30-Sept. 1992, Netherlands, pp: 530-533.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Mythili. A, Sreeja. G, Thamzhamuthan. N, "Morphological Detection of Abnormal Cells in Blood Sample of Humans", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.413-419, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162221.php