Algorithms for synchronization of grid are highly important in control of grid interfaced power converter. In order to execute stout control strategies for the interconnection of renewable energy systems with grid, rapid and precise detection of grid parameters such as amplitude, phase and frequency is critical. This paper propounds Phase Lock Loop technique for grid synchronization of single phase Distributed Generation System. Second Order Generalized Integrator (SOGI) PLL serves as Quadrature Signal Generator (QSG) which revolves around SOGI ,Parks Transform, Low pass filter (LF) and frequency phase shift generator (FPG). The QSG-SOGI and Parks Transform system is used for enhancing the performance of prevalent multiplier based phase detector (PD). Model of SOGI-PLL in MATLAB/Simulink environment is shown here.
Radhika Urhekar, S. U. Kulkarni
DGS,SOGI-PLL, Parks Transform, EPLL
- Sachin Jain and Vivek Agarwal, An Integrated Hybrid Power Supply for Distributed Generation Applications Fed by Nonconventional Energy sources IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ENERGY CONVERSION, VOL. 23, NO. 2, JUNE 2008.
- Remus Teodorescu, Marco Liserre, Pedro Rodr´ıguez, Grid converters for Photovoltic and Wind Power Systems, 1st ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., Publication 2011,pp.68-73.
- Teresa Orłowska-Kowalska, Frede Blaabjerg, José Rodríguez, Advanced and Intelligent Control in Power Electronics and Drives, Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014, pp
- R. M. S. Filho, P. F. Seixas, P. C. Cortizo, L. A. B. Torres, and A. F. Souza, Comparison of three single-phase PLL algorithms for UPS applications, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 2923–2932, Aug. 2008.
- L. G. B. Rolim et al., Analysis and software implementation of a robust synchronizing PLL circuit based on the pq theory, IEEE Trans. Ind.Electron., vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 1919–1926, Dec. 2006.
- Sagha, Hossein, Ledwich, Gerard, Ghosh, Arindam, & Nourbakhsh, Ghavameddin, A frequency adaptive single-phase Phase-LockedLoop with harmonic rejection . In 40th Annual Conference of IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2014), 29 October - 1 November 2014,
- Dallas, TX. (Unpublished) Saeed Golestan, Malek Ramezani,Josep M. Guerrero, An Analysis of the PLLs With Secondary Control Path, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron, Vol. 61, NO. 9, pp. 4824-4828
- Kaura and V. Blasko, Operation of a phase locked loop system under distorted utility conditions, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 58– 63, Jan./Feb. 1997.
- Ignacio Carugati, Patricio Donato, Sebastian Maestri, Daniel Carrica, Mario Benedetti, Frequency Adaptive PLL for Polluted Single-Phase Grids, IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON POWER ELECTRONICS, VOL. 27, NO. 5, MAY 2012 pp 2396-2404
- Remus Teodorescu, Marco Liserre, Pedro Rodriguez-Grid converters for photovoltaic and Wind power System.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Radhika Urhekar, S. U. Kulkarni, "Study and Simulation of SOGI PLL for Single Phase Grid Connected System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.741-745, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622248.php