With an ever growing importance of human activity on internet, World Wide Web is growing rapidly and number of users is increasing day by day to access web page. By this, the results have heavy network traffic and server load etc. To overcome these problems, proxy server caching is one of the solution. Proxy caching speeds up the service requests by retrieving the saved web pages from an earlier request through the same node or even other nodes. Many researcher have done their work in the field of proxy caching.
I have proposed an innovative replacement algorithmof page for proxy server caching i.e. called Mark Page Detect Randomly Proxy Caching (MPDRC) algorithm. The MPDRC algorithm increases the hit rate on proxy server cache. With the help of proposed innovative page replacement algorithm, the performance of proxy server caching has been improved.
Sumit Rajoriya, Varsha Zokarkar
Proxy Server, Web cache, Server Load, Latency, Network Traffic, Page Replacement Algorithm( LRU, LFU, FIFO) etc.
- http://www.internetworldstatus.com/status.htm Accessed 15 Nov 2015).
- David A. Malts and Pravin Bhagwat “Improving HTTP caching proxy performance with TCP tap”. Technical report, IBM. March 1998.
- Abraham Silberschatz And Peter Baer Galvin, “operating system concepts”5th Addison-Wesley Longman Publishing Co., Inc. Boston, MA, USA , 1997.
- John Dilley, Martine Arlitt and Stephane Perret “Enhancement and Validation of Squid’s Cache Replacement Policy” Internet Systems and Applications Laboratory HP Laboratories Palo Alto HPL- 1999-69, May 2009.
- Ismail Ari, Melani Gottwals Dick Henze ,” SANBOOST: Automate SAN Level Caching in Storage Area Netowkrs “ International Conference on Automatic Computing pp-164-171,2004.
- Martin Arlitt, Ludmila Cherkasova, John Dilley, Richard Friedrich, Tai J in "Evaluating Content Management Techniques for Web Proxy Caches", published in ACM SIGMETRICS Performance Evaluation Review Volume 27 Issue 4, March 2000.
- J. Almeida and P. Cao "Measuring Proxy Performance with the Wisconsin Proxy Benchmark", Technical Report, University of Wisconsin-Madison, April 1998.
- R. Gupta and Sanjiv Tokekar, ”Pair of replacement algorithms MFMR and AF-LRU on L1 and L2 cache for proxy server”. INDICON 2009 publication by IEEE.
- P. Cao and Irani, “Cost aware WWW Proxy Caching Algorithms” , In roc USENIX Symp. Internet Technology and System Monterey 1997.
- R. Gupta and Sanjiv Tokekar , ”Preeminent pair of replacement algorithms for L1 and L2 cache for proxy server”. First Asian Himalayas International Conference AH-ICI 2009.
- Yong Zhen Guo, Kotagiri Ramamohanarao and Laurence A. F. Park “Personalized PageRank for Web Page Prediction Based on AccessTime-Length and Frequency” This paper published in 2007 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence.
- Gala Golan “Multilevel cache management based on application Hints” computer science department, Technion Haifa 32000, ISRAEL. November 24, 2003.
- Shiva Shankar Reddy P,Swetha L “Analysis and Design of Enhanced HTTP Proxy Cashing Server“ paper published in International Journal of computer Technology, Volume 2 (3), 537-541.
- V. Sathiyamoorthi and Dr.Murali Bhaskaran “Data Preprocessing Techniques for Pre-Fetching and Caching of Web Data through Proxy Server” International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, VOL.11 No.2011.
- Song Jiang, X. Ding E. Tan and X. Zhang,”DULO: An Effective Buffer Cache Management Scheme to Exploit Both Temporal and Spatial Locality.” Proc. Of the USENIX Symp. File Storage and Technologies 2005.
- F.J. Gonzalez-Canete, E. Casilari, Ahcia Trivino-Cabrera "Characterizing Document Types to Evaluate Web Cache Replacement Policies," ecumn, pp.3-11, Fourth European Conference on Universal Multiservice Networks (ECUMN'07). 2007 IEEE.
- J. L. Hennessy and D. A. Patterson, Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach, 3rd Edition, Chapter 5 – Memory Hierarchy Design. Morgan Kaufmann Publishing, 2002.
- Paul H J Kelly “Advanced Computer Architecture” Chapter 2. Caches and Memory Systems, 2009.
- [Online] https://developers.google.com/speed/articles/web-metrics (Accessed 30 June 2015).
- Y.Zhou and K.Li, “Second Level Buffer cache Management”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems July2004.
- L. Bresalu, Cao, S. Shenker , “Web Caching Zipf like Distrubution”1999 IEEE.
- Vladmir V. Prischepa, “AN Efficient Web Caching Algorithm based on LFU-k replacement policy”, Spring Young Researcher’s Colloquium on Database and Information System,2004 .
- M. Bach “The Design of UNIX Operating System”, Prentice-Hall 1986.
- X. Li, Aboulnanga, K. Salem,” Second Tier Cache Management Using Hints”, USENIX Conference on file and storage Tecnologies,2005.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Sumit Rajoriya, Varsha Zokarkar, "Improving Caching Technique through Innovative Replacement Algorithm of Page for Web Proxy Caching", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.121-125, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162226.php