In current civilizations hydrocarbon are a primary source. Oil industries are one way hydrocarbons are processed for use crude oil is processed in several stages to form desired hydrocarbons used as fuel & in other products. Hydrocarbon is useful as well as harmful if it is not treated properly and become the cause of fire & explosion. The main objectives of the paper to give a systematic approach to know behavior of fire & explosion hazard in a factory using flammable gases like LPG. The prevention measures are to avoid any fire or explosion risks by eliminating either the potential ignition sources or both.In this paper Vapor Cloud Explosion modeling is applied for fire and explosion prevention in factories using flammable gas. Vulnerability is the ability of being easily attacked or hurt. In this we find vulnerability to humans and property damages also find out the threat zone. Potential severity of harm by which we identify the level of risk and the prevention take place. This strategy will help us in making emergency preparedness plan, human vulnerabilities and property damages.
Archa Tiwari, Rajiv Premi
Vulnerability, Vapor Cloud Explosion Modeling, Flammable gases, Fire, Explosion
- Emma Higgins, Mark Taylor, Hulya Francis, Mark Jones, Deb Appleton. “The evolution of geographical information systems for fire prevention support”, Fire Safety Journal 117-125, 2014.
- Rolf k. Eckhoff. “Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion (BLEVEs): A Brief Review”, Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, 30-43, 2014.
- LI Ning-ning, LIU Yu-bao, LIU Kai. “Primary Discussion on LNG Terminal Fire Prevention System Design”, Procedia Engineering 181-185, 2013.
- Risto Lautkaski. “Evaluation of BLEVE risks of tank wagons carrying flammable liquids”, Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries 117-123, 2009.
- A.M.Birk. “Rivew of expanded aluminum products for explosion suppression in containers holding flammable liquids and gases”, Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries 493-505, 2008.
- Tony Ennis. “Pressure Relief consideration for low-pressure (Atmospheric) storage tanks”, Symposium Series NO.151, 2006.
- James I.Chang,Cheng-Chung Lin, “A study of storage tank accidents”, Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries 51-59,2006.
- J.P.Gupta. “Dilution with air to minimize consequences of toxic/flammable gas releases” Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries 502-505, 2005.
- Ping Li, Jiandong Li, Shanlin Zhao, Lingzhao Kong, Yvchun Zhai. “Research on the danger of fires in oil tanks with sulfur”, Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries 331-338, 2005.
- Explosion Hazards. Gulf Publishing Company, Rolf k. Eckhoff, 2005.
- The Handbook of Health & Safety Practice. Prentice Hall, Jeremy Stranks , 5th edition,2000.
- OGP, Risk Assessment Data Directory, Vulnerability of humans, march 2010.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Archa Tiwari, Rajiv Premi, "Vulnerability Analysis of a Factory using Highly Flammable Gases", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.910-914, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622273.php