In this paper, a joint beamforming, power and channel allocation in a multi-user and multi-channel underlay MIMO cognitive radio networks is considered. The primary users (PU’s) spectrum is reused by the secondary user transmitters (SUTXs) to maximize the spectrum utilization while the intra-user interference is minimized by implementing the beamforming at each secondary user transmitter. After formulating the joint optimization problem as a non-convex, mixed integer non-linear programming problem, a solution is proposed into a two stages. First stage is deriving the beamforming vectors and power allocation under a given channel by converting the original problem into a convex form with an introduced optimal auxiliary variable and semi definite relaxation approach. In the second stage, an explicit searching algorithm i.e., genetic algorithm is proposed to determine suboptimal channel allocation. Simulated result shows that the proposed allocation scheme has a better achievable rate than the existing zero forcing beamforming method.
K. C. Sriharipriya, R. V. Haripriya, R. Joshnadevi
Cognitive radio networks, genetic algorithm, primary user, secondary user, MIMO, semi-definite approach, singular value decomposition.
- Spectrum policy task force, spectrum policy task force report, Federal Communications Commission ET, 2002.
- S. Haskin, “Cognitive radio: brain-empowered wireless communications,” IEEE J. Sel. Areas Common., vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 201–220, Feb. 2005.
- R. Qiu, Z. Hu, H. Li, and M. Wicks, Cognitive Radio Communication and Networking: Principles and Practice. Wiley, 2012.
- C. Yi and J. Cai, “Two-stage spectrum sharing with combinatorial auction and stackelberg game in recall-based cognitive radio networks,” IEEE Trans. Communes., vol. 62, no. 11, pp. 3740–3752, Nov. 2014.
- C. Yi and J. Cai, “Multi-item spectrum auction for recall-based cognitive radio networks with multiple heterogeneous secondary users,” IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 64, no. 2, pp. 781–792, Feb. 2015.
- A. Ghazanfari, A. tolli and H. Pennanen, “Sum power minimization for cellular systems with underlay d2d communications,” in Proc. CROWNCOM, Jun 2014, pp. 45-50.
- K. Illanko, K. Raahemifar and A. Anpalagan, “Sun-channel and power allocation for multiuser OFDM with rate constraints using genetic algorithm,” in Proc. IEEE PavRim, Aug. 2009, pp. 571-575.
- B. Ye, M. Nekovee, A. Pervez and M. ghavami, “TV white space channel allocation with simulated algorithm as meta algorithm,” in Proc. CROWNCOM, Jun 2012, pp. 175-179.
- B. H. Wang, H. T. Hui and M. S. Leong, “ Decoupled 2d direction of arrival estimation using compact uniform circular arrays in the presence of elevation-dependent mutual coupling,” IEEE Trans. Antenna Propagation vol.58, no. 3, pp. 747-755, Mar 2010.
- G.K. Soon, T. T. Guan, C. K. On, R. Alfred and P. Anthony, “A comparison on the performance of crossover techniques in video game,” in Proc. IEEE ICCSCE, Nov. 2013, pp. 493-498.
- A. J. Monticelli, R. Romero and E. N. Asada, “Fundamentals of Simulated Annealing,” John Wiley and Sons. Inc., 2007.
- D. Thompson and G. Bilbro, “sample-sort simulated annealing,” IEEE Trans. Syst. Man Cybern. B. Cybern, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 625-63, Jun 2014
- S. H. Moon, C. Lee, S. R. Lee and I. Lee, “Joint user scheduling and adaptive intercell interference cancellation for MISO downlink cellular systems,” IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 172-181, Jan 2013
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
K. C. Sriharipriya, R. V. Haripriya, R. Joshnadevi, "Joint Beamforming, Power and Channel Allocation in Multi-User and Multi-Channel Underlay MIMO Cognitive Radio Networks", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.851-857, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622278.php