The current working framework doesn't have bits level security and they are shielded from malevolent action through either by utilizing Mandatory Access Control(MAC) or Firewall and antivirus. The current frameworks utilize the approval systems. Be that as it may, this is not adequate for accomplishing framework certification. The working framework Kernel is going to perform process level acceptance ,where client level applications process demonstrates its personality to bit. The present procedure acceptance is performed utilizing process names or an executable way utilized by OS to distinguish a procedure ,which makes it inconsistent. It results as malware that might imitate alternate procedures hence disregarding the framework confirmation . These days we intensely depend on mission basic high registering machine to finish our everyday online administrations and offices. Thusly, these mission basic processing machines are extremely basic and association don't need the servers to be down in view of infection assaults and hacking of those frameworks. High affirmation frameworks are presently sought after and everyone is searching for new security strategies on top of general Antivirus frameworks accessible in the business sector. Nowadays programmers and infections on web are sufficiently brilliant, that is the reason the mission basic frameworks having antivirus or firewalls are not adequate. They are searching for new security methods at procedure execution level to ensure them against any malware assaults and framework downtime. The framework must do acceptance prepare before execution and that ought to be based with some trusted interior component.
Prof. Sonawane V.D., Amit Mishra, Chattar Vishal, Jawale Vinay
Kernel, Application classification, Credentials, Runtime Monitoring
- Hussain M.J. Almohri, Danfeng (Daphne) Yao, and 1J Kafura “Process Authentication for High System Assurance”,IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing,Vol.11 ,No.2 ,March/April 2014.
- H.M.J. Almohri, D. Yao, and D. Kafura, "Identifying Native Applications with High Assurance,"Proc. ACM Conf. Data and Application Security and Privacy (CODASPY '12),"Feb. 2012.
- P. Loscocco and S. Smalley, "Integrating Flexible Support for Security Policies into the Linux Operating System," Proc. USENIX Ann. Technical Conf., 2001.
- Z.M.H. Chen and N. Li, "Analyzing and Comparing the Protection Quality of Security Enhanced Operating Systems," Proc. 16th Ann. Network and Distributed System Security Symp. 2009.
- C. Wright, C. Cowan, S. Smalley, J. Morris, and G. Kroah-Hartman, "Linux Security Module Framework," Proc. 11th Ottawa Linux Symp., 2002.
- K. Xu, H. Xiong, D. Stefan, C. Wu, and D. Yao, "Data-Provenance Verification for Secure Hosts," IEEE Trans. Dependable and Secure Computing, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 173-183, Mar./Apr. 2012.
- W.Dai,T.P. Parker, H. Jin, and S. Xu, "Enhancing Data Trustworthiness via Assured Digital Signing," IEEE Trans. Dependable and Secure Computing, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 838 851, Nov./Dec. 2012.
- G. Xu, C. Borcea, and L. Iftode, "Satem: Trusted Service Code Execution across Transactions," Proc. IEEE 25th Symp. Reliable Distributed Systems (SRDS '06), pp. 321-336, 2006.
- A.M. Fiskiran and R.B. Lee, "Runtime Execution Monitoring (REM) to Detect andPrevent Malicious Code Execution," Proc. IEEE Int'l Conf. Computer Design: VLSI in Computers and Processors (ICCD '04), pp. 452-457, 2004.T. Jaeger and R. Sandhu, Operating System Security. Morgan and Claypool, 2008.
- K. Xu, P. Butler, S. Saha, and D. Yao, "DNS for Massive-Scale Command and Control," IEEE Trans. Dependable and Secure Computing, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 143-153, May/June. 2013.
- X. Shu and D. Yao, "Data-Leak Detection as a Service,a€. Proc.Eighth Int'l Conf. Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (SECURECOMM '12), Sept. 2012.
- K. Xu, D. Yao, Q. Ma, and A. Crowell, "Detecting Infection Onset with Behavior- Based Policies," Proc. Fifth Int"l Conf. Network and System Security (NSS a€.11), Sept. 2011.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Prof. Sonawane V.D., Amit Mishra, Chattar Vishal, Jawale Vinay, "Upgrade Kernel Based Process Validation for High System Assurance", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.920-925, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622281.php