The problem of facilitating machine to learn & detect patterns of animals and categorizing them in the rapidly expanding image databases has become increasingly challenging for image retrieval systems. The problem to be solved is detection of animal faces in an image. In this regard, we propose transform domain techniques to identify the low frequency components present in an image signal to generate highly discriminative geometrical features preserving color and texture information which are analogous to human vision perceptual models. A human can do this easily, but a computer needs precise instructions and constraints. Animal detection based researchers are useful for many real life applications. Animal detection methods are helpful on the research related to locomotive behavioral of targeted animal and also to prevent dangerous animal intrusion in residential area. There are a few branches of research related to animal detection. Therefore, in this paper, Face Detection is done by Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT) approach.
Prasannakumar Eluru, Santhosh Kumar. B. R, Santhosh Dhanajaya, Vinodh. K, R. Gunasekari
Digital Image Processing; Animal Detection; DCT;
- Guruprasad, “Face Recognition using Eigenfaces”. Monday, june 11, 2012.
- M. F. Thorpe, A. Delorme, and S. T. C. Marlot, “A limit to the speed processing in ultra-rapid visual categorization of novel natural scene,”Cognitive Neuroscience, pp. 171-180, 2003.
- F. A. Wichmann, J. Drewes, P. Rosas, and K. R. Gegenfurtner, “Animal detection in natural scenes: Critical review revisited,” Journal of Vision, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 1-27, 2010
- T. Burghardt and J. Calic, “Real-time face detection and tracking of Animals,” 8th seminar on Neural Network Applications in Electrical Engineering. Pp 27-32, 2006.
- C. Peijiang, “Moving object detection based on background extraction,” Computer Networks and Multimedia Technology (CNMT), 2009.
- J .C. Nascimento and J. S. Marques, “Performance evaluation of object detection algorithms for video surveillance,” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol.8, pp. 761-774,2006.
- Anna Bosch, Andrew Zisserman, Xavier Munoz, Image Classification using Random Forests and Ferns, IEEE 11th International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), pp 1 - 8, 2007.
- Boiman O, Shechtman E, Irani, M., In Defense of Nearest-Neighbor Based Image Classification, IEEE CVPR, pp 1-8, 2008.
- Ritendra Datta, Dhiraj Joshi, Jia Li, James Z. Wang, Image retrieval: ideas, influences, and trends of the new age, ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 1-60, 2008.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Prasannakumar Eluru, Santhosh Kumar. B. R, Santhosh Dhanajaya, Vinodh. K, R. Gunasekari, "Animal Face Detection Technique Using DCT", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.938-942, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622286.php