In Mobile Ad hoc networks (MANETs) because of mobile nodes, the topology of network is different all the times. So every node of these type of networks participate in routing and join in discovery and upkeeping of routes to other nodes in the network .Also intermediate nodes acting as routers affects the communication between nodes that are far apart. The aim of MANET routing protocol is to maintain virtual backbone created by these routers, in spite of the dynamic configuration of the networks. Simulation model with MAC and physical layer models is used to conclude the interaction between different layers and their performance implications, considering the effects of hidden nodes .The paper demonstrates that different protocol mechanisms used by Dynamic Source Routing (DSR) and Destination Sequenced Distance Vector Routing DSDV leads to different performance behavior . DSR and DSDV are compared depending on packet delivery ratio by varying the arrangements of nodes under hidden node environment.
Ruchi Garg, Sumit Kumar, Deepika Sharma, Yogita Wadhwa
DSDV, DSR, Hidden nodes, Interference, IEEE 802.11, MANET, MAC, NS2, RTS/CTS, Protocol
- David B. Johnson, David A. Maltz, Josh Broch, "DSR: The Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Multi-Hop Wireless Ad Hoc Networks",in Asia-Pacific Coference on Communications, 2006 APCC’-06, pp. 1-5, August 2006.
- Perkins, Charles E. and Bhagwat Pravin. "Highly Dynamic Destination-Sequenced Distance-Vector Routing (DSDV) for Mobile Computers", in ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, Volume24, Issue 4, pp. 234 – 244, October 1994.
- Kaixin Xu Gerla, M. Sang Bae, "How effective is the IEEE 802.11 RTS/CTS handshake in ad hoc networks", In Global Telecommunications Conference, 2002. GLOBECOM '02. IEEE, pp. 72-76 vol.1, 17-21 Nov. 2002.
- NS-2 Simulator, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/tutorial/index.html.
- Pirzada, A.A. Wishart, R. Portmann, M. , "Congestion Aware Routing in Hybrid Wireless Mesh Networks", In 15th IEEE International Conference on Networks, 2007. ICON 2007., pp. 513-518, 19-21 Nov. 2007.
- Abdul hadi A. Rahman and Zuriati A. Zukarnain, " Performance Comparison of AODV, DSDV and I-DSDV Routing Protocols in mobile Ad Hoc Networks", European Journal of Scientific Research, pp.566-576, Vol.31 No.4 (2009).
- Shugong Xu and Tarek Saadawi, "Does the IEEE 802.11 MAC Protocol Work Well in Multihop Wireless Ad Hoc Networks?", IEEE Communications Magazine, pp. 130-137, June 2001.
- Martínez-Alfaro, Horacio, "DSR performance improvement in ad-hoc networks using a behavior-based architecture", Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 2003. IEEE International Conference, pp. 3032- 3037 vol.3.
- Md. Anisur Rahman, Md. Shohidul Islam, Alex Talevski, "Performance Measurement of Various Routing Protocols in Ad-hoc Network", Proceedings of the International MultiConference of Engineers and Computer Scientists 2009 Vol I IMECS 2009, March 18 - 20, 2009, Hong Kong
- A.B NATARAJU,H.D MAHESHAPPA , "Implementa tion and Performance Analysis of DCWAMAC Protocol for Multihop Wireless Networks", International Journal of Science and Applied Information Technology (IJSAIT) , Vol. 4 , No.3, Pages : 54-59 2015
- Divya Bandral , Reena Aggarwal ,"Comparative Analysis of Proactive, Reactive and Hybrid Routing Protocols for Improving Quality of Service in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks" , International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 30 Number 4 - December 2015.
- Rajni Sobti," A Study on Challenges and Issues on MANET", International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering- Vol. 4, Issue 9, September 2015.
- T. K. Araghi, M. Zamani, A. BT Abdul Mnaf, "Performance Analysis in Reactive Routing Protocols in Wireless Mobile Ad Hoc networks Using DSR, AODV and AOMDV", International Conference on Informatics and Creative Multimedia ,IEEE, pp 81-84,2013.
- R. Desai, B. P. Patil, "Analysis of Routing Protocols for Ad Hoc Networks", International Conference on Circuits, System, Communication and Information Technology Applications (CSCITA) IEEE , pp 111-115, 2014.
- B. S. Gouda, D. Patro, R. K. Shial, "Scenario-Based Performance Evaluation of Proactive Reactive and Hybrid Routing Protocol in Manets Using Raydom Waypoint Model", International Conference on Information Technology,IEEE,pp 47-52, 2014.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Ruchi Garg, Sumit Kumar, Deepika Sharma, Yogita Wadhwa, "DSR and DSDV Analysis under Hidden Node Environment", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.1015-1018, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622287.php