To accomplish a high throughput in problematic wireless connections, Opportunistic Routing (OR) team up all the sensor nodes in the way while sending the data packets. In this paper, Energy Efficient Mid position Opportunistic Routing (EEMOR) has been proposed for energy efficient multi-hop communication between a source and destination pair in WSN. The source node selects the mid position node with high residual energy node as a forwarder node to transmits the packet to the destination. The proposed algorithm is implemented and evaluated. The simulation results show that the proposed algorithm performs superior to the other existing algorithms in terms of end-to-end delay, energy consumption and network lifetime.
R. Logambigai, S. Ganapathy, A. Kannan
Energy Efficient, Network Lifetime, Opportunistic Routing, Wireless sensor networks
- Luo, J., Hu, J., Wu, D., and Li, R. (2015). Opportunistic routing algorithm for relay node selection in wireless sensor networks. Industrial Informatics, IEEE Transactions on, 11(1), 112-121.
- Mao, X., Tang, S., Xu, X., Li, X. Y., and Ma, H. (2011). Energy-efficient opportunistic routing in wireless sensor networks. Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on, 22(11), 1934-1942.
- Sharma, M., and Singh, Y. (2015, August). Middle Position Dynamic Energy Opportunistic Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks. In Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), 2015 International Conference on (pp. 948-953). IEEE.
- Yamuna Devi, C. R., Shivaraj, B., Manjula, S. H., Venugopal, K. R., Iyengar, S. S., and Patnaik, L. M. (2014, April). Multi-hop optimal position based opportunistic routing for wireless sensor networks. In Region 10 Symposium, 2014 IEEE (pp. 121-125). IEEE.
- S. Jerusha, K.Kulothungan and A. Kannan,” Location Aware Cluster Based Routing In Wireless Sensor Networks”, International Journal of Computer & Communication Technology,Vol.3, No.5, pp. 1-6 (2012).
- R.Logambigai and A.Kannan, “Fuzzy logic based unequal clustering for wireless sensor networks”, Wireless Networks, Springer, pp. 1-13 (2015).
- K Kulothungan, S Ganapathy, S.IndiraGandhi, P Yogesh and A Kannan, “Intelligent Secured Fault Tolerant Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Clustering Approach”, International Journal of Soft Computing, Vol.6, No.5, pp. 210-215 (2011).
- R. Logambigai, and A. Kannan, (2014, December). QEER: QoS aware Energy Efficient Routing protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. In Advanced Computing (ICoAC), 2014 Sixth International Conference on (pp. 57-60). IEEE.
- Heinzelman, Wendi Rabiner, Anantha Chandrakasan, and Hari Balakrishnan, “Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks,” in Proc. IEEE 33rd annual Hawaii international conference on System sciences, Jan.2000.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
R. Logambigai, S. Ganapathy, A. Kannan, "Energy Efficient Mid Position Opportunistic Routing for Wireless Sensor Networks ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.99-102, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162229.php