A highly compact and an optimized design of an inverted-L shaped printed monopole antenna with a circular ground plane is proposed. To make the designed antenna suitable for implementation it is embedded in FR-4 substrate and is presented. The antenna is designed to operate at 3.5GHz . It is suitable for mobile WiMAX applications with return loss (S11) <-10 Db. The size of the antenna is 30x11.36x1. The antenna design is simulated using the tool CAD FEKO 2014. The antenna design has good return loss and radiation characteristic in the required frequency band. The radiation pattern obtained from the proposed antenna is an omni-directional radiation pattern in the E and H plane over the frequency ranges.
Ardra George, J. Geetharamani
WiMAX, L-Antenna, DMB, WLAN, IEEE, PILA
- Ahmad R. Razali and Marek E. Bialkowski, “Dual-band slim inverted-f antenna with enhanced operational bandwidth,” Microwave And Optical Technology Letters, vol. 54, No. 3, pp. 684-689, March 2012.
- A.R. Razali and M.E. Bialkowski, “Coplanar inverted-F antenna with open-end ground slots for multi-band operation,” IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 8 , pp. 1029–1032, 2009.
- Byndas, R. Hossa, M.E. Bialkowski, and P. Kabacik, “Investigations into operation of single and multi-layer configurations of planar inverted-F antenna,” IEEE Antennas Propagation Magazine, vol 49, pp. 22–33, 2007.
- Constantine A. Balanis “ANTENNA THEORY ANALYSIS AND DESIGN THIRD EDITION” 2005.
- N.P. Agarwall, G. Kumar, K. Ray, “Wide-Band Planar Monopole,” IEEE Transaction and Antenna Propagation, Vol. 46, No.2, pp. 294-295, 1998.
- W.C. Liu, “Broadband dual-frequency meandered CPWfed monopole antenna,” Electronics Letters, Vol. 40, no. 21, pp.1319–1320, 2004.
- J. Liang, C. Chiau, X. Chen and J. Yu, “Study of acircular disc monopole antennas for ultra widebandapplications,” 2004 International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation, 17-21 August, 2004.
- D.M.Pozar, “Microwave Engineering,” John Wiley &Sons, 2005, 3rd Edition.INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MICROWAVE AND OPTICAL TECHNOLOGYVOL. 3, NO. 4, SEPTEMBER 2008.
- Mohammod Ali, Guangli Yang , Huan –Sheng Hwang“ Design and analysis R-shaped dual band PIFA for vehicular applications, IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, vol 53, no.1,Jan 2004.
- Chih-Kuang Wu, Tsung-Fu Chien, Chin-Lung Yang and Ching-Hsing Luo, “Design of novel S-shaped quad-band antenna for medradio/WMTS/ISM implantable biotelemetry applications”, International journals of antennas and propagation, vol.2012.
- Krishna D.D., Gopikrishna M., Anandan C.K., Mohanan, ., ‘CPW-fed Koch fractal slot antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications’, IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propagation Let., 2008, 7, pp. 389.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Ardra George, J. Geetharamani, "Compact Planar Inverted L-Antenna for Mobile Wimax Applications", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.77-79, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622294.php