The Taguchi method (Tm) is a powerful problem solving technique for improving process performance, yield and productivity. It reduces scrap rates, rework costs and manufacturing costs due to excessive variability in processes. It is based on ‘ORTHOGONAL ARRAY’ which gives much reduced 'variance' for the experiment with 'optimum setting' of control parameters. By using Minitab17 software we can implement a Taguchi Design. Paper gives a information about how to use a Taguchi by Minitab17.
Shraddha Gaonkar, Nimisha Karanjavkar, Prof. S. N. Kadam
Taguchi Method, Orthogonal Array, Signal to noise ratio, Minitab17.
- Taguchi, G., Wu, Y.Introduction to off-line Quality Control Nagaya, Japan: Central Japan Quality Control Organization, 1979’
- Taguchi, G. Introduction to Quality Engineering Tokyo, Japan: Asian Productivity Organization, 1986
- Khan, R. M. (2013). Problem solving and data analysis using minitab: A clear and easy guide to six sigma methodology (1st ed.). West Sussex, United Kingdom: Wiley.
- Phadke M.S., 1989. Quality engineering using robust design. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Montgomery D.C., 1991. Design and analysis of experiments. John Wiley and Sons, NewYork.
- Singh H & Kumar P, Quality Optimization of Turned Parts (EN24) by Taguchi Method, Productivity, Vol. 44 (1),(2003) pp. 43-49.
- Singh H & Kumar P,Effect on Power Consumption forTurned parts using Taguchi Technique, Productivity, Vol.45 (2), July- Sept,(2004).
- Singh H & Kumar P, Optimizing cutting force for turnedparts by taguchi parameter design approach, Indian Journalof Engineering and Material Science,Vol-12, April (2005) Minitab’s Help Section.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Shraddha Gaonkar, Nimisha Karanjavkar, Prof. S. N. Kadam, "Taguchi Method", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.843-845, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622305.php