An investigation was undertaken to study of physiochemical properties of ground water from various places in Deulgaon Raja city. Groundwater is a major source of drinking water in both urban and rural areas of Deulgaon Raja. Ten different locations were selected for the study and physicochemical characteristics are compared. The parameters studied were pH, total alkalinity, total hardness, turbidity, chloride, sulphate, total dissolved solids and conductivity. Observed results were compared with Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) and World Health Organization (WHO). The ground water quality varies from place to place.
Pavan M. Kadam
Ground water, physicochemical parameter, pH, TH, conductivity
- A. K. De., Environmental chemistry, third edition.
- Alka Gupta, Analytical chemistry. Pragati prakashan.
- R.M. Varma, Analytical chemistry, third edition
- N Manivaskam. Physicochemical examination of water Pragati prakashan , Meerut, India, 1983.
- S. Hooda, Kaur. Laboratory manual for Environmental chemistry S. Chand and Co. Ltd. 1999.
- American Public Health Association (APHA). 2005. Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater. 21st Edition. Published by the American Public Health Association (APHA), the American Water Works Association (AWWA), and the Water Environment Federation (WEF).
- WHO. 2004. Guidelines for drinking water quality. World Health Organization, Jeneva. pp.186.
- Jayaraman P.R. , Gangadevi .T. and Vasuena Naya , Poll. Res. 32(1),89-100 (2003).
- Indian Standard DRINKING WATER — SPECIFICATION BIS, New Delhi 2012
- Prakash, K.L., Somashekar, R.K. 2006. Groundwater Quality-Assessment on Anekal Taluk, Bangalore Urban District, India. Journal of Environmental Biology.27(4):633-637.
- Physico-Chemical Characteristics of Ground Water at Pappankuppam (Tamil nadu), India Int.J.Curr.Res.ACA.Rev.2015 3(10) 234-238
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Pavan M. Kadam, "Study of Physicochemical Characteristic of Ground Water ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.1000--1004, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622331.php