The steady laminar stagnation point flow of an incompressible electrically conducting micropolar fluid impinging on a permeable flat plate with uniform suction/injection is considered. A uniform magnetic field is applied normal to the plate. The effect of viscous dissipation is taken into account. The governing partial differential equations are transformed into ordinary differential equations. A numerical solution is obtained for the resulting ordinary differential equations. Results are shown in graphical form. The effects of various parameters such as uniform suction or blowing, magnetic parameter, material parameter on the flow and heat transfer are presented and discussed.
Micropolar fluid, MHD, Boundary Layer, Heat Transfer, Stagnation point, Suction and Injection.
- Eringen, A.C. (1964): Simple microfluids. Int. J. Eng. Sci. 2, 205 - 217.
- Eringen, A.C. (1972): Theory of thermomicropolar fluids. Journal of Applied Mathematics. 38, 480 - 495.
- Guram, G. S. and Smith, A. C. (1980): Stagnation flows of micropolar fluids with strong and weak interactions. Comput. Math. Appl. 6, 213 - 233.
- Nazar, R., Amin, N., Filip, D. and Pop, I. (2004): Stagnation point flow of a micropolar fluid towards a stretching sheet. Int. J. Non-Linear Mech. 39, 1227 - 1235.
- Attia, H. A. (2006): Heat transfer in a stagnation point flow of a micropolar fluid over a stretching surface with heat generation/absorption. Tamkang J. of Sci. and Eng. 9, 4, 299 - 305.
- Salem, A. M. and Odda, S. N. (2005): Influence of thermal conductivity and variable viscosity on the flow of a micropolar fluid past a continuously moving plate with suction or injection. The Korean Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
- Attia, H. A. (2008): Stagnation point flow and heat transfer of a micropolar fluid with uniform suction or blowing. J. of the Braz. Soc. of Mech. Sci. & Eng . XXX, 1, 51 - 55.
- Ishak, A. and Nazar, R. (2010): Effects of suction and injection on the stagnation point flow over a stretching sheet in a micropolar fluid. ICMS 2, 1 - 7.
- Kishan, N. and Deepa, G. (2012): Viscous dissipation effects on stagnation point flow and heat transfer of a micropolar fluid with uniform suction or blowing. Pelagia Research Library. Advances in Applied Science Research. 3, 430 - 439.
- Mohammadien, A. A. and Gorla, R. S. R. (1996): Effects of transverse magnetic field on a mixed convection in a micropolar fluid on a horizontal plate with vectored mass transfer. Acta Mech. 118, 1 - 12.
- Ishak, A., Roslinda, N. and Pop, I. (2008): MHD flow of a micropolar fluid towards a stagnation point on a vertical surface. Computers and Mathematics with Applications. 56, 3188 - 3194.
- Murthy, J. V. R. and Bahali, N. K. (2009): Steady flow of micropolar fluid through a circular pipe under a transverse magnetic field with constant suction/injection. Int. J. of Appl. Math. and Mech. 5, 1 - 10.
- Patowary, G. and Sut, D. K. (2011): Study the effect of variable viscosity and thermal conductivity of micropolar fluid past a continuously moving plate with suction or injection in the presence of magnetic field. Int. J. of Mathematics Trends and Technology. 2, 32 - 36.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Vishal Saxena, "Viscous Dissipation Effects on MHD Boundary Layer Stagnation Point Flow of a Micropolar Fluid over a Flat Plate with Uniform Suction/Injection ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.989-993, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622336.php