This paper explores the impact that has been working towards the goal of vehicles that can shoulder the entire burden of driving. Google driverless cars are designed to operate safely and autonomously without requiring human intervention. They won’t have a steering wheel, accelerator or a brake pedal because they don’t need them, software and sensors do all the work. It takes you where you want to go at the push of a button. This Technology step towards improving road safety and transforming mobility for millions of people.
Shweta N. Dethe, Varsha S. Shevatkar, R. P. Bijwe
Artificial Intelligence, Hardware Sensors, Google Maps, and Google Driverless Car.
- JaeminByun, Ki‐InNa, Myungchan Noh, Joo Chan Sohn and Sunghoon Kim; ESTRO: Design and Development of Intelligent Autonomous Vehicle for Shuttle Service in the ESTRI.
- J. Markoff. (2010, October) Google cars drive themselves, in traffic. Online.The New York Times.
- KPMG (2012), Self‐Driving Cars: The Next Revolution, KMPG and The Center for Automotive Research; at www.Kpmg.com/ca/en/Isuues‐And Insight/ArticlesPublications/Documents/SelfDriving‐ Cars‐next ‐revolution.pdf.
- Stephen E. Reutebuch, Hans‐Erik Andersen, and Robert J.McGaughey; Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR): An Emerging tool for Multiple Resource Inventory.
- bgr.com/2013/01/27/googledriverless‐ car‐anaysis‐306756/
- Spectrum.ieee.org/automation/robotics / artificial‐intelligence/how‐google‐selfdriving‐ car‐works.
- Luis Araujo, Katy Mason and Martin Spring; Self‐Driving Cars: a case study in making new markets.
- Q. Zhang and R. Pless, “Extrinsic Calibration of a Camera and Laser Range Finder”, in Proc. IEEE/RST Int.conf. Intelligent Robots and Systems, Sendai, Japan, 2004.
- Todd Litman, Victoria Transport Policy Institute; Autonomous Vehicle Implementation Predictions.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Shweta N. Dethe, Varsha S. Shevatkar, R. P. Bijwe, "Google Driverless Car", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.133-137, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162235.php