In software engineering modularization is way to divide software project in to multiple independent and discrete modules. After complete module conquers make as software. Means modules design use divide and conquer rule. Cohesion and Coupling measure the quality of design of modules and interaction between modules. In this paper studies have been done to identify complexity between inheritance and interface by applying the cohesion and coupling metrics. Two program of c# implementing one with inheritance and other with interface are taken and measurement is done. The metrics value obtained is compared to prove which concept is good and beneficial for c# developer to use.
Annushri Sethi, Prof. Narendra Pal Singh Rathore
Cohesion, Coupling, Modularization, Inheritance, Interface.
- V. Krishnapriya, K. Ramar, "Exploring the Difference Between Object Oriented Class Inheritance and Interfaces Using Coupling Measures," ace, pp.207-211, 2010 International Conference on Advances in Computer Engineering, 2010
- K.K.Aggarwal, Yogesh Singh, Arvinder Kaur, RuchikaMalhotra. “Empirical Study of Object-Oriented Metrics”,2006
- Martin Hitz, BehzadMontazeri.“Measuring Coupling and Cohesion.In Object-Oriented Systems” in Angewandte Informatik (1995)
- James M. Bieman and Byung-kyookang.“Cohesion and Reuse in Object Oriented System” Department of Computer Science, Colorado State University Fort Collins,Colorado,1995
- Shyam R. Chidamberand Chris F. Kemerer” A Metrics Suite For object Oriented Design” IEEE Transactions on software Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 6, June 1994
- KrishnaprasadThirunarayan.” Inheritance in Programming Languages” Department of Computer Science and Engineering ,Wright State University ,Dayton, OH-45435
- ArtiChhikara Maharaja Agrasen College, Delhi, India. R.S.Chhillar “Applying Object Oriented Metrics to C#(C Sharp) Programs”Deptt. Of Computer Sc.And Applications, Rohtak, India.SujataKhatriDeenDyalUpadhyaya College, Delhi, India(2011)
- Christopher L. Brooks, Chrislopher G. Buell, “A Tool for Automatically Gathering Object-Oriented Metrics”, IEEE, 1994
- Friedrich Stiemann, Philip Mayer and Andreas Meibner, “DecouplingClasses with Inferred Interfaces”, Proceedings of the 2006 ACMSymposium on Applied Computing, P.No:1404 – 1408.
- Pradeep Kumar Bhatia, Rajbeer Mann, “ An Approach to Measure Software Reusability of OO Design”, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Challenges & Opportunities in InformationTechnology(COIT-2008),RIMT-IET,MandiGobissndgarh, March 29, 2008.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Annushri Sethi, Prof. Narendra Pal Singh Rathore, "Analysis of Cohesion and Coupling Metrics for Object Oriented System ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.1048-1054, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622350.php