Modern telecommunication system requires antennas with wider bandwidth and smaller dimensions than conventional antennas. Operators are looking for systems that can perform over several frequency bands. This has initiated antenna research in various directions, such as EBG,DGS and the combination of fractal shaped antenna elements and split ring resonator structure. The EBG structure and characteristics have been investigated. Both simulated and analyzed results show the performance of the EBG structure toward microstrip antenna. EBG structure reduce surface waves which leads to higher antenna bandwidth, improve return loss and reduce antenna size significantly. A rectangular microstrip patch antenna with EBG structure has been designed for wireless application and WIMAX. The patch antenna along with the Electromagnetic Band Gap structure is designed to resonate at 2.9 GHz. Simulations and analysis has been carried out to verify the performance of Electromagnetic Band Gap structures in patch antenna. All the simulation work is done by using HFSS. it is observed that return loss and bandwidth have increased but the gain, directivity and efficiency shows good aggrement.
Manish Kansal, Jitender Chaudhary
Biometric, RF, Radio System, SWR, SRR, EBG, WIMAX, EBG, NRW, DGS
- Lee J. Y. and Jang J. H. ,2015, “Reduction of Mutual Coupling in Planar Multiple Antenna by Using 1-D EBG and SRR Structures”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Volume No.63 , Issue: 9 , pp.4194 – 4198.
- Osam M. Haraz , Ayman Elboushi, Saleh A. Alshebeili and Abdel-Razik Sebak1,2014 “Dense Dielectric Patch Array Antenna With Improved Radiation Characteristics Using EBG Ground Structure and Dielectric Superstrate for Future 5G Cellular Networks”, IEEE Access ,Volume No.2 , pp.909 – 913.
- Han Xiaoke, Adnet Nicolas, Bruant Isabelle, Pablo Frederic, Ouslimani Habiba Hafdallah*, Proslier Laurent, and Alain, C. Priou, 2013, “Experimental Study of the Behavior of an EBG-Based Patch Antenna Subjected to Mechanical Deformations”, Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol No.48, pp. 313-327.
- Krishnananda, Rukmini T. S., June 2012, “EBG Antennas: Their Design and Performance Analysis for Wireless Applications”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 48, No.23, pp. 20-27.
- Ripin Nabilah, Awang Robi’atun Adayiah, Sulaiman Ahmad Asari, Baba Noor Hasimah, Suhaila Subahir, 2012, “Rectangular Microstrip Patch Antenna with EBG Structure”, IEEE student conference on research and development, pp. 266-271.
- Gu Jian-Jian and Wang Ying, September 2011, “Dual-band Microstrip Antenna Array with EBG Structures”, PIERS Proceedings, Suzhou, China, pp. 608-610.
- Dalia Nashaat, , Hala A. Elsadek, , Esmat A. Abdallah, Magdy F. Iskander, and Hadia M. El Hennawy, May 2011, “ Ultrawide Bandwidth 2x2 Microstrip Patch Array Antenna Using Electromagnetic Band-Gap Structure (EBG)”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 59, No. 5, pp. 1528-1534.
- Ramona Cosmina Hadarig, Cos María Elena de and Fernando Las-Heras, 2011, “Bandwidth Enhancement Through Coupling Microstrip Patch Antenna and Electromagnetic Band-Gap Resonances”, 6th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP), pp. 2849-2852.
- Nasimuddin, Zhi Ning Chen, and Xianming Qing, June 2010,” Dual-Band Circularly Polarized -Shaped Slotted Patch Antenna With a Small Frequency-Ratio”, IEEE Transactions On Antennas And Propagation, Vol. 58, No. 6, Pp 2112-2115.
- Yaser S. E. Abdo, Chaharmir M. R., J. Shaker, and Y. M. M. Antar, 2010, “Efficient Excitation of an EBG Guide Designed Using a Defect Triangular Lattice of Holes”, IEEE Antennas And Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 9, pp 167-170.
- Chen Xi, Li Long, Liang Chang Hong, Su Zi Jian, 2010, “Locally Resonant Cavity Cell Model for Meandering Slotted Electromagnetic Band Gap Structure”, IEEE Antennas And Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 9, pp.3-7.
- De Asok, Raghava N.S., Malhotra Sagar, Arora Pushkar, Bazaz Rishik, February 2010, “Effect of different substrates on Compact stacked square Microstrip Antenna”, Journal Of Telecommunications, Vol 1, Issue 1, pp. 63-65
- Jiří HORÁK, Zbyněk RAIDA, June 2009, “Influence of EBG Structures on the Far-Field Pattern of Patch Antennas”, RADIOENGINEERING, VoL. 18, No. 2, pp. 223-229.
- Seungbae Park, Cheolbok Kim, Youngho Jung, Hosang Lee, Dongki Cho, Munsoo Lee, 2009, “Gain Enhancement Of A Microstrip Patch Antenna Using A Circularly Periodic EBG Structure And Air Layer”, Int. J. Electron. Commun. (AEÜ) 64, Pp. 607–613.
- Kumar Raj, Mathai George and Shinde J.P, 2009, “Design of Compact Multiband EBG and Effect on Antenna Performance”, International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering, Vol 2, No. 5, pp. 254-258.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Manish Kansal, Jitender Chaudhary, "Design and Analysis of Miniaturized Microstrip Patch Antenna with Electromagnetic Band GAP Structures", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.1055-1060, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622352.php