The design of a compact, miniaturized dual band p atch antenna for WLAN,WIMAX applications are presented. This model makes use of a spiral resonator (etched on the ground plane of conventional patch). The conventional patch antenna resonates at a frequency of 2.785GHz while the modified antenna resonates at two frequencies of 2.45, 2.57GHz with a gain of 4.19, 4.59dB respectively. The percentage of miniaturisation is found to be 30.2 %, 17.9 %.
Dr.Gayathri Rajaraman, K.Parthiban, Dr.M. Ramaswamy
Rectangular microstrip antenna, Metamaterials, spiral resonators, miniaturisation, Dual band, linear polarization, WLAN, WIMAX
- C.Caloz and T.Itoh, "Electromagnetic metamaterials transmission line theory and microwave applications," John Wiley and Sons, First edition, 2006.
- V.G.Veselago, "The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of Ɛ, µ", Soviet Physics Uspeki, Vol.10, No.4, pp.509-514, 1968
- D.Yuandan, H.Toyao and T.Itoh, "Design and characterization of miniaturized patch antennas loaded with complementary split ring resonators," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, Vol.60, No.2, pp.772-785, 2012.
- R.Gayathri, M.Anitha, Alok K.Singhal, Khagindra Sood and R.Jyoti, "Miniaturized patch antennas for wireless applications using slot-type complementary split ring resonator loading," International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol.9, No.22, pp.17371-17381, 2014.
- R.Gayathri, M.Anitha and K.K.Sood, "Wideband gain-enhanced miniaturized metamaterial-based antenna for wireless applications," International Journal of Inventive Engineering and Sciences, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 20-22, 2014.
- R.Gayathri, M.Anitha, S.Alokkumar, K.K.Sood and R.Jyoti, "Compact dual-band linearly polarized patch antenna using metamaterials for wireless applications," International Journal of Engineering & Technology, Vol.6, No.6, pp. 2722-2727, 2015.
- R. Gayathri, M. Anitha, Athrish Mukerjee, K. K .Sood, R. Jyoti, "Dual Band, miniaturized, enhanced-gain patch antennas using differentially-loaded metastructures," Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol.8, No.1, pp.11 - 16, 2015.
- R.Gayathri and K.K.Sood, "Wideband miniaturized elliptical patch for wireless applications using novel meta structures," International Journal of Engineering and Techno Sciences, Vol. 1, pp. 22-26, 2015.
- R.Gayathri and Khagindra Sood, "A novel miniaturized triple band patch antenna with CSRR Elements," International Journal for Research in Technological Studies, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 12-15,2016.
- R.Gayathri, Khagindra Sood and S.Anbazhagan, "A novel method to compute resonant frequency of metamaterial based patch antennas using neural networks," International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology, Vol. 4, No. I, pp.321-325, 2016.
- Amr A.Ibrahim, Amr M.E.Safwat and Hadia El-Henaway, "Triple band microstrip- fed monopole antenna loaded with CRLH unit cell," IEEE Antennas & Wireless Propagation Letter, Vol.10, pp.1547-1550, 2011.
- F.Billoti, A.Toscano and L.Vegni, "Design of spiral and multiple split- ring resonators for realization of miniaturized metamaterial samples," IEEE Transactions on Antennas & Propagation, Vol.55, No.8, pp.2258-2267, 2007.
- F.Ballesta, M.Gil, M.Sindreu, J.Bonache and F.Martin, "Characterization of metamaterial transmission lines with coupled resonators through parameter extraction," INTECH, pp.303- 321, 2012.
- R.Garg, P.Bhartia, I.Bahl and A.Ittipiboon, "Microstrip antenna design handbook," Artech House, Norwood, First edition, 2001.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Dr.Gayathri Rajaraman, K.Parthiban, Dr.M. Ramaswamy, "Dual Band Miniaturized Patch Antenna for Wlan, Wimax Applications Using Spiral Metacomponent", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.1086-1089, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622365.php