Handwriting recognition has been one of the active and challenging research areas in the field of image processing and pattern recognition. Handwriting recognition can be differentiated into two categories i.e. online handwriting recognition and Offline handwriting recognition. I mainly focus on offline handwriting ecognition. It is also observed that majority of work for this language is for printed form rather than handwritten form. One can obtain very less OCR related research work for Gujarati script, especially for handwritten form. I use Freeman chain code for feature extraction and then used Hidden Markov method. There is no benchmark dataset is available so it is generated by collecting sample from more than 100 writers of different age group and gender.
Vaidehi Patel, Abhinay Pandya
Handwritten recogniton, freeman chain code, Preprocessing, classification.
- Jinhong K. Guo and Matthew Y. Ma "Separating Handwritten Material from Machine Printed Text Using Hidden Markov Models” Published by IEEE 2001.
- Sandhya Arora, Debotosh Bhattacharjee, Mita Nasipuri, Dipak Kumar Basu*, Mahantapas Kundu,’Combining Multiple Feature Extraction Techniques for Handwritten Devnagari Character Recognition’ published by IEEE 2008.
- Debi Prasad Bhattacharya, Susmita Koner "English alphabet recognition using chain code and LCS” published by Indian Journal of Computer Science and Engineering (IJCSE) ISSN : 0976-5166 Vol. 3 No. 2 Apr-May 2012.
- Chhaya Patel and Apurva Desai , "Gujarati Handwritten Character Recognition Using Hybrid Method Based On Binary Tree-Classifier And KNearest Neighbour” published by International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), ISSN: 2278-0181 Vol. 2 Issue 6, June - 2013
- Dholakia, J.; Yajnik, A.; Negi, A., "Wavelet Feature Based Confusion Character Sets for Gujarati Script," Conference on Computational Intelligence and Multimedia Applications. International Conference on, vol.2, no., pp.366,370, 13-15 Dec. 2007
- Sandhya Arora, Debotosh Bhattacharjee, Mita Nasipuri, Dipak Kumar Basu*, Mahantapas Kundu,’Combining Multiple Feature Extraction Techniques for Handwritten Devnagari Character Recognition’ 978-1-4244-2806-9/08/$25.00© 2008 IEEE
- Anitha Mary M.O. Chacko and P.M. Dhanya ‘A Comparative Study of Different Feature Extraction Techniques for Offline Malayalam Character Recognition ‘© Springer India 2015
- Chaudhari Shailesh A., and Ravi M. Gulati. "An OCR for separation and identification of mixed English—Gujarati digits using kNN classifier."Intelligent Systems and Signal Processing (ISSP), 2013 International Conference on. IEEE, 2013.
- Prasad, J.R.; Kulkarni, U.V.; Prasad, R.S., "Template Matching Algorithm for Gujrati Character Recognition," Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology (ICETET), 2009 2nd International Conference on , vol., no., pp.263,268, 16-18 Dec. 2009
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Vaidehi Patel, Abhinay Pandya, "A Survey on Gujarati Handwritten OCR using Morphological Analysis", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.157-160, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162237.php