In image watermarking method we have two common attacks namely, Cropping and random bending. In this paper we propose a method of image-watermarking to deal with these attacks, also with other common attacks. In the embedding process, the pre-processing of host image is done by a Gaussian low-pass filter and then, we select randomly a number of gray levels and the histogram of the filtered image is constructed and these methods are also followed for secret key image . After that, a histogram-shape-related index is given to choose the pixel groups with the highest number of pixels and a safe band is given between the chosen and non-chosen pixel groups. A watermark-embedding scheme is determined to insert watermarks into the chosen pixel groups. The histogram-shape-related index and safe band are used to bring about good robustness. Moreover, a high-frequency component modification mechanism is also applied in the embedding scheme to further improve robustness. At the decoding end, based on the assigned secret key, the watermarked pixel groups are discovered and watermarks are extracted from them.
Keerthana G, Bhuvana S, BalaSubramanian R
Gaussian filter, Image watermarking, LWT, histogram construction.
- Y. Xiang, I. Natgunanathan, D. Peng, W. Zhou, and S. Yu, “A dualchannel time-spread echo method for audio watermarking,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Forensics Security, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 383–392, Apr. 2012.
- Y. Xiang, D. Peng, I. Natgunanathan, and W. Zhou, “Effective pseudonoise sequence and decoding function for imperceptibility and robustness enhancement in time-spread echo-based audio watermarking,” IEEE Trans. Multimedia, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 2–13, Feb. 2011.
- N. K. Kalantari, S. M. Ahadi, and M. Vafadust, “A robust image watermarking in the ridgelet domain using universally optimum decoder,” IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. Video Technol., vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 396–406, Mar. 2010.
- E. Nezhadarya, Z. J. Wang, and R. K. Ward, “Robust image watermarking based on multiscale gradient direction quantization,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Forensics Security, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 1200–1213, Dec. 2011.
- L. Wang, H. Ling, F. Zou, and Z. Lu, “Real-time compressed domain video watermarking resistance to geometric distortions,” IEEE MultiMedia, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 70–79, Jan. 2012.
- M. Lee, K.-S. Kim, and H.-K. Lee, “Digital cinema watermarking for estimating the position of the pirate,” IEEE Trans. Multimedia, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 605–621, Nov. 2010.
- N. F. Johnson, Z. Duric, and S. Jajodia, “Recovery of watermarks from distorted images,” in Proc. 3rd Int. Workshop Inf. Hiding, 1999, pp. 318–332.
- Wenpeng Ding, Feng Wu, Senior Member, IEEE, Xiaolin Wu, Senior Member, IEEE, Shipeng Li, Member, IEEE, and Houqiang Li, “Adaptive Directional Lifting-Based Wavelet Transform for Image Coding” IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON IMAGE PROCESSING, VOL. 16, NO. 2, FEBRUARY 2007.
- Zdenek Prusa and Pavel Rajmic “Real-Time lifting wavelet transform algorithm”, elekrt@revue VOL. 2, NO. 3, SEPTEMBER 2011.
- Chaveli Ramesh, T. Ranjith,“Fusion Performance Measures and a Lifting Wavelet Transform based algorithm for Image Fusion”, ISIF- 2002.
- J. F. Lichtenauer, I. Setyawan, T. Kalker, and R. L. Lagendijk, “Exhaustive geometrical search and the false positive watermark detection probability,” Proc. SPIE, Secur. Watermarking Multimedia Contents V, vol. 5020, pp. 203–214, Jun. 2003.
- M. Barni, “Effectiveness of exhaustive search and template matching against watermark desynchronization,” IEEE Signal Process. Lett., vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 158–161, Feb. 2005.
- J. J. K. Ó. Ruanaidh and T. Pun, “Rotation, scale and translation invariant spread spectrum digital image watermarking,” Signal Process., vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 303–317, May 1998.
- C.-Y. Lin, M. Wu, J. A. Bloom, I. J. Cox, M. L. Miller, and Y. M. Lui, “Rotation, scale, and translation resilient watermarking for images,” IEEE Trans. Image Process., vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 767–782, May 2001.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Keerthana G, Bhuvana S, BalaSubramanian R, "An Efficient Image Watermarking Method using Lifting Wavelet Transformation (LWT)", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.1234-1246, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622384.php