The chain drive consists of endless chain wrapped around two sprockets and can be defined as a series of links male and female links which connected by pin joints. This is special type of power train most commonly used in bicycles, automobiles, industrial equipment and heavy earth moving equipment. Of two sprockets, one sprocket drives the systems called as power wheel and other called pinion. Due to this motion some tension develops in the chain. Due to the action of tension some stresses will be developed inside the chain links. The main aim of the paper is to find the stress distribution in male and female links and to find which link is weaker and ratio of maximum stress in male link to female link.
AVRK Teja, N.S.K.Teja, J.Sri Harsha, P.Aravind, Ch.Satya Kalyan
CMOS, Bi-Triggering Method, nMOS, pMOS, Bi-Trig, BTC, HOM, FOP, VDD, BTC, RCA
- Roller chain products Catalog, Timken.
- International Review of Applied Engineering Research. ISSN 2248-9967 Volume 4, Number 1 (2014), pp. 21-28 © Research India Publications http://www.ripublication.com/iraer.htm Design, Comparison and Analysis of a Composite Drive Shaft for an Automobile Arun Ravi PG Schola, M.Tech- CIM; TKM College of Engineering; Kollam, Kerala, India.
- Fea Based Study of Effect of Radial Variation of Outer Link in A Typical Roller Chain Link Assembly Tushar D. Bhoite, Prashant M. Pawar & Bhaskar D. Gaikwad Department of Mechanical Engineering, SVERI’s College of Engineering, Pandharpur, Solapur, Maharashtra, India E-mail : email@example.com
- Design Team, "Finite Element analysis of an ANSI Roller Chain Sprocket".
- Korey M., Cuneyt M. and Erdem C., "Stress Distribution of the Chain Link by means of Boundary Element and Finite Element Methods," Journal of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Sigma, 2004/4, 2004.
- Antonescu, N. N., "Stresses in Roller Chain Link Plate", Rev. Roum Sci. Techn.-Mec. Appl., 20 (2) 311-322, 1975.
- Zade, M. M., "Reduction of Stress Concentration in The Lugs of Roller Chain Plates", Russian Engineering Journal, 59 (7) 33-44, 1979.
- Abdulaliyev, Z. and Toprak, T., "A New Stress Analysis Criteria for Roller Chain Plate", Elevator Technology 9, Proceedings of ELEVCON’98, Publ. by the IAEE, Zurich 1998.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
AVRK Teja, N.S.K.Teja, J.Sri Harsha, P.Aravind, Ch.Satya Kalyan, "Finite Element Static Analysis of Male and Female Links of a Chain Drive", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.1213-1216, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622389.php