The GPS-GSM Based System is one of the most prominent systems, which integrate both GSM and GPS technologies. In this proposed work we will present a train positioning system that employs a GPS module and a GSM modem to find the location of a train and offers an advanced feature of railway crack detection and collision avoidance. To complete the design successfully, a GPS unit, a GSM unit, a relay, LCD, two MCU units, RF Transmitter, RF Receiver, an electronic device buzzer and vibration meter are used. The objective of this project is to remotely track a train’s location and to remotely detect cracks on railway track.
Sonia Shah, Ravi Mishra
Tracking, positioning, GSM, GPS, Google Map, Train Positioning, RF TX, RF RX, VIBRATION METER, VIBRATION METER.
- Jian Wang; Xi-hui Yan; Bai-gen CAI; Wei Shangguan. Research on Deeply Integrated GPS/INS for Autonomous Train Positioning. In Proceedings of the Beijing Jiao tong University, Beijing, China, and 978-1-4244-8268-9/11/$26.00 ©2011 IEEE.
- Kiesel, S.; Held, M.M.; Trommer, G.F. Realization of a Deeply Coupled GPS/INS Navigation System Based on INS-VDLL Integration. In Proceedings of the Institute of Navigation (ION NTM), San Diego, CA, USA, January 2007; pp. 522-531.
- Lashley, M.; Bevly, D.M. A Comparison of the Performance of a Non-Coherent Deeply Integrated Navigation Algorithm and a Tightly Coupled Navigation Algorithm. In Proceedings of the Institute of Navigation (ION GNSS 2008), Savannah, GA, USA, September 2008; pp. 2123-2129.
- Kiesel, S.; Ascher, C.; Gramm, D.; Trommer, G. F., GNSS Receiver with Vector Based FLL-Assisted PLL Carrier Tracking Loop. In ION GNSS 2008, Proceedings of the Institute of Navigation, Savannah, Georgia, USA, September 2008; pp.197-203.
- T. Pany, R. Kaniuth, and B. Eissfeller,"Deep integration of navigation solution and signal Processing," in Preceding of the ION ITM. ION, 2005, pp. 1095-1102.
- Benson, D. Interference Benefits of a Vector Delay Lock Loop (VDLL) GPS Receiver. In Proceedings of the 63rd Annual Meeting of the Institute of Navigation, Cambridge, MA, USA, April 2007; pp. 749-756.
- Lashely, M.; Bevly D.M. Analysis of Discriminator Based Vector Tracking Algorithms. In Proceedings of the Institute of Navigation (NTM), San Diego, CA, USA, January 2007.
- Arasaratnam I, Haykin S. Cubature Kalman Filters. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2009, 54(6):1254-1269.
- Huinan Wang. Principles and Applications of GPS navigation Science Press, Beijing, China, 2003
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Sonia Shah, Ravi Mishra, "Train Positioning and Crack Detecting System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.1102-1108, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622392.php