Passenger Car Unit (PCU) is the metric used to convert heterogenic traffic in to homogenous traffic. Presently In India traffic condition is heterogeneous (figure-1,2), it is necessary to convert heterogeneous traffic to homogenous traffic while designing any signalized intersection. PCU Value is dynamic in Nature. PCU value is depends upon current road traffic condition. In India PCU value is based on value given in IRC SP 41 (Table-I). In this paper PCU value for urban intersection is estimated.
Ankit N Mahidadiya, Prof. Jayesh Juremalani
Passenger Car Unit, Passenger Car Equivalent, Heterogeneous Traffic.
- A. A. Obiri-Yeboah,“Passenger Car Equivalents for Vehicles at Signalized Intersections within the Kumasi Metropolis in Ghana.”, IOSR Journal of Engineering (IOSRJEN), April 2014.
- A. Mehar; S. Chandra; and S. Velmurugan,“Passenger Car Units at Different Levels of Service for Capacity Analysis of Multilane Interurban Highways in India”, American Society of Civil Engineers. (ASCE), 2014.
- Chris Lee“Developing Passenger-Car Equivalents for Heavy Vehicles in Entry Flow at Roundabouts”, ASCE, 2015.
- J. R. Juremalani, T. L. Popat, D. T. Shete, A Critical Appraisal of Traffic Signal Design for at-Grade Intersections under Mix Traffic Conditions. - A Global Scenario”
- M. Mardani Na, S. Chandra and I. Ghosh, “Passenger Car Unit of Vehicles on Undivided Intercity Roads in India”, The 4th International Workshop on Agent-based Mobility, Traffic and Transportation Models, Methodologies and Applications (Science Direct), 2015.
- Mahendrakumar Metkari Post Graduate student Department of Civil Engineering, “Review of Passenger Car Equivalence Studies inIndian Context”, International Conference on Emerging Frontiers in Technology for Rural Area (EFITRA) 2012.
- Muhammad Adnan, “Passenger Car Equivalent Factors in Heterogeneous Traffic Environment- Are We Using the Right Numbers?”, Fourth International Symposium on Infrastructure Engineering in Developing Countries, IEDC (Science Direct), 2013.
- Quazi Sazzad HOSSAIN, “Passenger Car Equivalent (PCE) of through vehicles at signalized intersections in dhaka metropolitan city, Subhash Chand, Neelam J Gupta, Nimesh Kumar Analysis of Saturation Flow at Signalized Intersections in Urban Area, CSIR-CRRI, New Delhi, 110 025.
- Yahya R. Sarraj, “Passenger Car Equivalents at Signalized Intersections for Heavy and Medium Trucks and Animal Driven Carts in Gaza, Palestine.”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, 2014.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Ankit N Mahidadiya, Prof. Jayesh Juremalani, "Estimation of Passenger Car Unit value at Signalized Intersection", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.1317-1324, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622394.php