The Internet of Things (IoT) is a paradigm where everyday objects are equipped with sensing, identifying, communicating and processing capabilities that will allow them to network with other devices and services over the Internet to accomplish some objective. Fog computing is extension of cloud computing paradigm to edge of network, which is a more highly visualized platform which provides computation, storage, and networking services between end IoT devices and back-end cloud servers. Fog like computational and storage buffers, which are located, locally between the IoT nodes and the cloud infrastructure process a significant amount of regional data to reduce huge network latency and overhead at the backend cloud infrastructure. In this paper we are going to propose Fog to be the appropriate platform for critical Internet of Things (IoT) services and applications for Smart cities.
S. M. Abhishek, Manjunath N. P., Padmavati, Chetan L. S.
Cloud Computing Paradigm, Fog Computing, IoT, IoT Nodes, Network Latency.
- Rodger Lea, Michael Blackstock, “CityHub: A cloud based IoT platform for Smart Cities”, IEEE 6th International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and Science, 2014
- Kanghyo Lee, Donghyun Kim, Dongsoo Ha, Ubaidullah Rajput, Heekuck Oh, ”On Security and Privacy Issues of Fog Computing supported Internet of Things Environment”
- Zanella, A; Bui, N.; Castellani, A; Vangelista, L.; Zorzi, M., "Internet of Things for Smart Cities," Internet of Things Journal, IEEE, vol.1, no.1, pp.22, 32, Feb. 2014
- Kenji Tei; Gurgen, L., "ClouT: Cloud of things for empowering the citizen clout in smart cities," Internet of Things (WF-IoT), 2014 IEEE World Forum on, vol., no., pp.369, 370, 6-8 March 2014
- L.M. Vaquero and L. Rodero-Merino, “Finding your Way in the Fog: Towards a Comprehensive Definition of Fog Computing,” ACM SIGCOMMComputer Communication Review, vol.44, no.5, pp.27-32, Oct. 2014.
- F. Bonomi, R. Milito, J. Zhu, and S. Addepalli, “Fog Computing and Its Role in the Internet of Things,” Proceedings of the first edition of theMCC workshop on Mobile Cloud Computing (MCC ’12), pp.13-16, Aug.
- Miao Wu et. al., “Research on the architecture of Internet of things”, in the proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering, 20-22 August, 2012,Beijing, China.
- QiaoYing, ChenHao, “The design of smart cloud computing system”, The Internet of Things Model.
- L. Martignoni, R. Paleari, and D. Bruschi, “A Framework for Behavior- Based Malware Analysis in the Cloud,” Proceedings 5th International Conference Information Systems Security (ICISS 2009), pp.178-192, Dec.2009.
- I. Stojmenovic and W. Sheng, “The Fog Computing Paradigm: Scenarios and Security Issues,” Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), pp.1-8, Sept. 2014.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
S. M. Abhishek, Manjunath N. P., Padmavati, Chetan L. S., "Application and Location Specific Models for Fog Based IOT Platform for Smart Cities", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.89-92, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622406.php