Mercerizing is one of part of wet processing technology; it is the special type of treatment for cotton. Mercerization is done to get some special properties of the textile materials. In this process, cotton yarn is mounted on machine shaft, and shaft rotated continuously for mercerization. Shafts with circular cross-sections are used for transmission of power. In this process number of shafts is arranged in zig zag manner. Due to continuous rotation of shaft, it get bend beyond the limit and failure of shaft takes place. Generally bending of shaft takes place due to self-weight of shaft and accessories mounted on shaft. In mercerization process weight yarn is mounted on shaft, due to continuous rotation yarn swell and shrink. To maintain the length of yarn tension is provided with the help of lead screw to the shaft. Due to overloading, swelling and shrinkage shaft get bend. In this case to avoid the bending of shaft, strips are axially provided inside the shaft at equal distance.
Prof. Jayashri V. Chopade
Mercerization Machine Shaft, Strips, Deflection and Bending, Swelling and Shrinkage.
- T. Sean Osis, JDarren Stefanyshyn, ‘Vibration at the wrist and elbow joints during the golf swing reveals shaft-specific swing kinematics’, Procedia Engineering, 2637–2642, 2010.
- Jiawei Xiang, YongtengZhong, Xuefeng Chen, Zhengjia He, ‘Crack detection in a shaft by combination of wavelet-based elements and genetic algorithm’, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 4782–4795, 2008.
- G.S. Zhao, G.Q. Zho , G.R. Zhong, F.P. Zhu H.C. Liang, ‘Analysis of stratum grouting influence on shaft lining stress with the methods of simulation and in site measurements’, Procedia Earth and Planetary Science, 497–502, 2009.
- Zhou Jie, Zhou Guo-qing , Shang Xiang-yu, Li Ting, ‘Numerical simulation on shaft lining stresses analysis of operating mine with seasonal temperature change’, Procedia Earth and Planetary Science, 550–555, 2009.
- Wang Yan-sen, Yang Zhi-jiang , Yang Wei-hao, ‘Viscoelastic analysis of interaction between freezing wall and outer shaft wall in freeze sinking’, Procedia Earth and Planetary Science, pp612–620, 2009.
- C. Slater, S.R. Otto and M. Strangwood, ‘The quasi-static and dynamic testing of damping in golf clubs shafts fabricated from carbon fibre composites’, Procedia Engineering, pp3361–3366, 2010.
- Bachschmid N, Pennacchi P. Tanzi E, ‘A sensitivity analysis of vibrations in cracked turbo generator units versus crack position and depth’, Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 24, pp. 844-859, 2010.
- Bachschmid N, Tanzi E. Audebert S., ‘The effect of helicoidal bend on the behaviour of merserization machine shaft shafts’, Engineering Fracture Mechanics 75, 475-488, 2008.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Prof. Jayashri V. Chopade, "Experimental Investigation of Deflection of Mercerization Machine Shaft by using Strips at Equal Distance inside the Shaft", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.1210-1212, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622409.php