Quantum-dot cellular automata (QCA) is a novel nanotechnology which promises molecular digital circuits with ultra-high clock frequencies, alternative solution to replace to replace the conventional CMOS technology which is reaching their physical limits. Despite a lot is still needed for the large scale utilization of the technology, there has been serious effort in digital design implementation in QCA. In this paper, a new architecture of Half and Full subtractor based on the QCA is proposed. The benefit of optimal FNZ universal gate is taken in demonstrating these arithmetic units, which has already designed based on the QCA. The design helps to reduce the complexity, then the conventional subtractors based on the QCA, in terms of covered area, count of the cells, and delay. The proposed subtractors are designed and simulated using QCA Designer tool version 2.0.3.
Waseem H. Wani, Mohammad T. Banday, Saroj Patel
Quantum dot cellular automata, Half subtractor, Full subtractor, FNZ universal gate
- Schaller, R. R. "Moore's law: past, present and future.” Spectrum, IEEE34, no. 6 (1997): 52-59.
- Niemier, M.T. “Designing digital systems in quantum cellular automata.” PhD diss., University of Notre Dame, 2004.
- Orlov, A. O., Amlani, I., Bernstein, G. H., Lent, C. S. and Snider. G. L., “Realization of a functional cell for quantum-dot cellular automata.” Science 277, no. 5328 (1997): 928-930.
- Lent, C., Tougaw, P., Porod, W and Bernstein, G H., “Quantum cellular automata.” In Nanotechnology, vol 4, no. 1 (1993): 49.
- Lent, C., Tougaw, P., Porod, W., “Quantum cellular automata: the physics of computing with arrays of quantum dot molecules.” Proc. Workshop Physics and Compution, Dallas, TX, November 17–20, pp. 5–13 (1994)
- Lent, C. S. and Tougaw, P. D., “Device architecture for computing with quantum dots,” Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 85, pp. pp. 541–557,1997
- Snider, G., Orlov, A., Amlani, I., Bernstein, G., Lent, C., Merz, J., Porod, W., “Quantum-dot cellular automata.” Dig. Papers of Microprocesses and Nanotechnology Conf., Yokohama, Japan, July 6–8, pp. 90–91 (1999)
- Orlov, A., Kummamuru, R., Ramasubramaniam, R., Lent, C., Bernstein, G., Snider, G., “Clocked quantum-dot cellular automata devices: experimental studies.” Proc. IEEE Conf. Nanotechnology, Maui, HI, October 28–30, pp. 425–430 (2001)
- Kummamuru, R., Orlov, A., Ramasubramaniam, R., Lent, C., Bernstein, G., Snider, G.: Operation of a quantum-dot cellular automata (QCA) shift register and analysis of errors. IEEE Trans. Electron Devices 50(9), 1906–1913 (2003).
- Kummamuru, R. K., Timler, J., et al. "Power gain in a quantum-dot cellular automata latch." Applied Physics Letters 81, no. 7 (2002): 1332-1334.
- Tahoori, M. B., Momenzadeh, M., Huang, J. and Lombardi, F., "Defects and faults in quantum cellular automata at nano scale." In 22nd IEEE VLSI Test Symposium, 2004. Proceedings., pp. 291-296. IEEE, 2004.
- Walus, K., Vetteth, A.,. Jullien, G. A. and Dimitrov, V. S. "RAM design using quantum-dot cellular automata." In NanoTechnology Conference, vol. 2, pp. 160-163. 2003.
- Snider, Gregory L., Alexei O. Orlov, I. Amlani, X. Zuo, G. H. Bernstein, C. S. Lent, J. L. Merz, and W. Porod. "Quantum-dot cellular automata." Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A 17, no. 4 (1999): 1394-1398.
- F. A. Khanday, N. A. Kant, Z. A. Bangi and N. A. Shah, “A Novel Universal (FNZ) Gate in Quantum Dot Cellular Automata (QCA).” IEEE sponsored conference, International Conference on Multimedia, Signal processing And Communication Technology (IMPACT) 23rd to 25th of Nov, 2013, pp. 255-259.
- Iakshmi, S. K. et al. (2010). "Design of subtractor using nanotechnology based QCA," IEEE International Conference on Communication Control and Computing Technologies 384–388.
- Rubina, A. et al. (2014). "A Novel Design of Half Subtractor using Reversible Feynman Gate in Quantum Dot cellular Automata," American Journal of Engineering Research 3: 87–92.
- Dallaki, H. and Mehran, M. (2015). “Novel Subtractor Design Based on QuantumDot Cellular Automata (QCA) Nanotechnology,” Int. J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol., Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 257-262.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Waseem H. Wani, Mohammad T. Banday, Saroj Patel, "Design of a Half/Full Subtractor on Quantum-Dot Cellular Automata ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.133-136, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622418.php