These days wireless mesh networks are rapidly evolving due to their flexibility and easy integration. Wireless mesh networks consists of routers that are interconnected and arranged in a mesh topology. The reason for adopting wireless mesh networks is their easy integration with other network. But it is not designed to work with Qos mechanism and hence it fails to guarantee the quality. This work address the problem of unbalanced traffic distribution and wastage of bandwidth. ViLBas a selective video load balancing mechanism identifies the congested node and reroutes the flow, it works with smartstreaming methodology that minimize the wastage of bandwidth and improves quality Evaluation criteria and due dates for the research paper are also provided.
Rajeswari. G, Srimathi. K
Wireless Mesh Networks, QOS, ViLBas, WLAN, WMN, QOAS, ETT, WCETT, RTT
- Acharya, P.A.K (2010),’ Gateway-aware routing for wireless mesh networks’, Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), 2010 IEEE 7th International Conference, San Francisco, CA, pp. 564 - 569
- Adriana Hava, Yacine Ghamri-Doudane (2015),’ Increasing User Perceived Quality by Selective Load Balancing of Video Traffic in Wireless Networks’, IEEE Transactions On Broadcasting, Vol. 61, No. 2, pp.238-250.
- Ah-Lot Charles Chan, Baochun Li, Edmond Poon, Jilei Liu and Roy Leung (2001),'MP-DSR: A QoS-aware Multi-path Dynamic Source Routing Protocol for Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks', Local Computer Networks, 2001. Proceedings. LCN 2001. 26th Annual IEEE Conference, pp.132-141.
- M. H.M Algamali, Wang, Jian xin (2009), APTLB: A Practical Approach for Providing Traffic Load-Balancing in Wireless Mesh Networks, Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, 2009. WiCom '09. 5th International Conference, Beijing, pp. 1 – 4
- Atsushi Iwata, Ching-Chuan Chiang,Guangyu Pei and Mario Gerla (1999), 'Scalable Routing Strategies for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks', IEEE Journal On Selected Areas In Communications, Vol. 17, No. 8, pp. 1369-1331.
- Brian Zill , Jitendra Padhye and Richard Draves (2004), ‘Routing in Multi-Radio, Multi-Hop Wireless Mesh Networks’, IEEE/ACM Trans. MobiCom., pp.114-128
- Dah Ming Chiu, Liang Chen and Yipeng Zhou (2015), 'Smart Streaming for Online Video Services', IEEE Transactions On Multimedia, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp.485- 497.
- B.Das, Amit Kumar Roy, Ajoy Kumar Khan, Sudipta Roy (2014),'Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT), 2014 Fourth International Conference', Bhopal, pp. 193 – 197.
- Deepti Nandiraju, Lakshmi Santhanam, Nagesh Nandiraju, and Dharma P. Agrawal (2006), 'Achieving Load Balancing in Wireless Mesh Networks Through Multiple Gateways', IEEE International Conference on Mobile Adhoc and Sensor Systems Conference, pp.807-812.
- A. Hava, G.-M. Muntean, Y. Ghamri-Doudane, and J. Murphy (2013), ‘A new load balancing mechanism for improved video delivery over wireless mesh networks’, Proc. IEEE 14th Int. Conf. High Perform. Switch. Routing (HPSR), Taipei, Taiwan, pp. 136–141.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Rajeswari. G, Srimathi. K, "Improved Quality of Service in Wireless Mesh Networks with Smartstreaming Mechanism", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.26-29, May-June-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET1622431.php