Lightweight encryption is an interesting field that strikes the perfect balance in providing security, low-power consumption, and compactness. The aim of the paper is to design a lightweight encryption based on the grouping permutation (GRP). In the S-box the confusion properties have been added for GRP. Grouping permutation not only adds strength to the cipher it also reduces the power consumption and memory requirements. . Common usage, multimedia refers to an electronically delivered combination of media including video, still images, audio, text in such a way that can be accessed interactively. In order to enhance the security for image transmission (GRP) Grouping permutation is used for image encryption and decryption. Lightweight encryption system is proposed that provides compact results which reduces gates and memory size.
Hasma Shruthi. S, Sridevi. A
Lightweight Cryptography, PRESENT, GRP, Embedded Security, Encryption, Bit Permutation.
- K. Finkenzeller, RFID Handbook: Fundamentals and Applications inContactless Smart Cards and Identification. Hoboken, NJ, USA: Wiley,2003.
- A. Juels and S. A. Weis, “Authenticating pervasive devices with human protocols,” in Advances in Cryptology. Berlin Germany: Springer-Verlag,2005, pp. 293–308.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). (Nov. 26, 2001).Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), Federal Information Processing Standards Publication 197. Online]. Available: http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips197/fips-197.pdf
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).(Dec. 30, 1993). Data Encryption Standard (DES), FederalInformation Processing Standards Publication 46-2. Online]. Available:
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). (October25, 1999). Data Encryption Standard (DES), Federal InformationProcessing Standards Publication 46-3.
- A. Poschmann, G. Leander, K. Schramm, and C. Paar, “New light-weight crypto algorithms for RFID,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Circuits Syst.(ISCAS), May 2007, pp. 1843–1846.
- T. Eisenbarth and S. Kumar, “A survey of lightweight-cryptography implementations,” IEEE Des. Test. Comput., vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 522–533, Nov./Dec. 2007.
- A. Bogdanov et al., “PRESENT—An ultra-lightweight block cipher,”in Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (Lecture Notes in Computer Science), vol. 4727, P. Paillier and I. Verbauwhede, Eds.Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2007, pp. 450–466.
- T. Shirai, K. Shibutani, T. Akishita, S. Moriai, and T. Iwata, “The 128 bit in Fast Software Encryption (Lecture Notes in Computer Science), vol. 4593, A. Biryukov, Ed. Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2007, pp. 181–195.
- The 128 Bit Blockcipher CLEFIA: Algorithm Specification, Sony Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, 2007.
- D. Hong et al., “HIGHT: A new block cipher suitable for low-resource device,” in Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems (Lecture Notes in Computer Science), vol. 4249, L. Goubin and M. Matsui, Eds.Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2006, pp. 46–59.
- L. Brown, J. Pieprzyk, and J. Seberry, “LOKI—A cryptographic primitive for authentication and secrecy applications,” in Advances in Cryptology (Lecture Notes in Computer Science), vol. 453,J. Pieprzyk and J. Seberry, Eds. Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 1990,pp. 229–236.
- F. X. Standaert, G. Piret, N. Gershenfeld, and J.-J. Quisquater, “SEA: A scalable encryption algorithm for small embedded applications,” in Smart Card Research and Applications (Lecture Notes in ComputerScience), vol. 3928, J. Domingo-Ferrer, J. Posegga, and D. Schreckling,Eds. Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2006, pp. 222–236.
- D. J. Wheeler and R. M. Needham, “TEA, a tiny encryption algorithm,”in Fast Software Encryption (Lecture Notes in Computer Science),vol. 1008, B. Preneel, Ed. Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 1994,pp. 363–366.
- F. X. Standaert, G. Piret, G. Rouvroy, J.-J. Quisquater, and J.-D. Legat,“ICEBERG : An involutional cipher efficient for block encryption in reconfigurable hardware,” in Fast Software Encryption, B. Roy and W. Meier, Eds. Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2004.
|Published in :
||Volume 2 | Issue 2 | March-April - 2016
|Date of Publication
Cite This Article
Hasma Shruthi. S, Sridevi. A, "Designing a New Lightweight Image Encryption and Decryption to Strengthen Security", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science, Engineering and Technology(IJSRSET), Print ISSN : 2395-1990, Online ISSN : 2394-4099, Volume 2, Issue 2, pp.273-277, March-April-2016.
URL : http://ijsrset.com/IJSRSET162246.php